Jotul F600 Firelight Install- New Break in fire picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
NE Ohio
I am finally within a few days of firing this beast up.

I purchased the stove in August of this year, started the living room renovation in October to remove the leaky patio door and install 8 new windows. Fast forward to today, my chimney is at the receiving dock and all that is needed is to seal the tile, grout and install the chimney. I will update pictures when the stove is in place.

I am using DVL and DuraPlus.

Thanks to all the Hearth.com members for their direct and indirect help.

Attachments

• Jotul F600 Firelight Install- New Break in fire picture
    DSC_0431.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 958
I can feel your excitement. I've only had my F600 up and running for a few weeks. What a great stove. Best of luck with yours! It looks like you are going to have a fantastic looking install.

JDC said:
I am finally within a few days of firing this beast up.

I purchased the stove in August of this year, started the living room renovation in October to remove the leaky patio door and install 8 new windows. Fast forward to today, my chimney is at the receiving dock and all that is needed is to seal the tile, grout and install the chimney. I will update pictures when the stove is in place.

I am using DVL and DuraPlus.

Thanks to all the Hearth.com members for their direct and indirect help.
Looks good so far. Can't wait for final install pics and FIRE!

thats gonna be sweet. what size is the room?

You're going to love it!...it's a heating beast!...I bought mine in August also and did my break-in fires outside...the outside temp (at night) was 78 F and I could get good secondaries with only a 6' stack...

Ron

maxed_out said:
thats gonna be sweet. what size is the room?

Room size is 15' x 20' with the kitchen opening directly off of it. The master bedroom and bathroom are directly above this room. Our Super Jack is installed into the other side of the house as we are zoned old side/addition side. I am looking for something to supplement the Super Jack when it is either too warm to run, or to cold to keep the new side of the house at a comfortable 72-75*. I also work to darn hard at scrounging to not enjoy seeing the fire.

The stove will look really nice in there. Can't wait to see it up and running. Good luck

Very nice looking hearth . . .

Is this a recent pic . . . up here everything is brown and gray.

Can I make a suggestion?
Move the stove a smidge to the right.....right over there where the tile is would be a good spot. :cheese:
Seriously though, that's a very nice reno you've done. Can't wait to see pics of fire in the stove.

firefighterjake said:
Very nice looking hearth . . .

Is this a recent pic . . . up here everything is brown and gray.

I scalped the grass this fall and we have had so much rain that it grew just a little and is still green.

PapaDave said:
Can I make a suggestion?
Move the stove a smidge to the right.....right over there where the tile is would be a good spot. :cheese:
Seriously though, that's a very nice reno you've done. Can't wait to see pics of fire in the stove.

I have 3 90* and 2 45* elbows planned in the stovepipe to reach the thimble.

JDC said:
PapaDave said:
Can I make a suggestion?

Sounds like pretzel pipe.

JDC said:
PapaDave said:
Can I make a suggestion?

This post died before any one else commented but that is too many bends, I hope it does not reduce the draft.

Got the tile sealed, picked up the chimney, attached the thimble. We have a 2 yo and 4yo so it has been a slow and steady process. If I get the first break in fire done early next week I will be doing well. With Christmas approaching I was called away to do some shopping last night rather than do the grout. Pics will be posted as soon as the stove is in place.

oldspark said:
JDC said:
PapaDave said:
Can I make a suggestion?

This post died before any one else commented but that is too many bends, I hope it does not reduce the draft.

I am surprised no one made that comment as well, but I was being sarcastic. The stove will be rear exit and the only black pipe I will have is the stove adaptor and a 6" piece connected directly to the through the wall system.

JDC said:
oldspark said:
JDC said:
PapaDave said:
Can I make a suggestion?

I am surprised no one made that comment as well, but I was being sarcastic. The stove will be rear exit and the only black pipe I will have is the stove adaptor and a 6" piece connected directly to the through the wall system.
Glad to hear that. :lol:

Quick update;

Through the wall kit is installed with DVL waiting for the stove to be hooked up. Grout tonight after the kids are in bed. I will finish the chimney tomorrow afternoon and hopefully the first break in fire happens tomorrow night.

Finally have the stove installed. This is the 2nd break in fire to 300*. The stove is creaking a bit, is this normal? Stoked to have this thing going full bore for the holiday this weekend.

Attachments

Break In Fire-1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 575
Is that Brown enamel? You need to add that to your signature. That is the prettiest stove on the market! How bout a daytime pic?

Yes it is brown majolica. This was one of the(wife's) stipulations as the stove is visible from the front door.

JDC said:
Yes it is brown majolica. This was one of the(wife's) stipulations as the stove is visible from the front door.

That's my favoriate stove color! Beautiful stove - great install.

Happy burning,
Bill

webby3650 said:
Is that Brown enamel? You need to add that to your signature. That is the prettiest stove on the market! How bout a daytime pic?

No problem. I am currently doing the final break in to 400* and cannot believe the heat output.

Attachments

400* break in.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 368
Status
Not open for further replies.