Jotul f600 insulation blanket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

fraxinus

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
coastal Maine
Is there any reason why the blanket cannot or should not be removed and a new one installed without removing the stove top, etc.? It seems as the operation could be done through the open front doors and stove pipe collar at the rear. Thanks in advance for your replies.

If the F-600 is anything like the F-500 I suspect you might be able to do what you described . . . although with the Oslo taking off the two bolts holding down the oval plate gives plenty of space to re-arrange, replace, clean the top.

I have an F 600 and it is very easy to remove the top by removing just two bolts inside the top of the firebox. I don't see any advantage and lots of disadvantages to replacing the baffle blanket using the method you described. The main one being the limited visibility by trying to look through the open doors and flue collar opening. With the top off you can see the entire top of the baffle and do a good job of cleaning out any ash/creosote that might have found its way in there. Also, you can be certain you have the blanket back in the correct position and are not hung up on anything on the top of the baffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.