Jotul Firelight... with a cat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking online, I see they are offered without cats. Did they offer them with cats at one point? Anything you can tell me about the build with a cat (looking at a used one online). Thanks

I do see they have the foot pedal... seems like a real nice feature. What is the general concensus on such a beast? Is there anything to be 'concerned' with on such a stove, past the obvious stuff like they tried to launch a space shuttle out of it.

I see one for sale, for a real good price it seems (under 700), and they say excellent condition. Will be getting pictures soon. Just looking at all options, including what I might expect to walk into, if there are flaws. Thanks

I was researching Firelights a few months ago and if the model has a CB at the end it is a non-cat ie Firelight 12 CB.. CB=Clean Burn technology.. I remember reading that the cat stoves they made were not as reliable as the CB version so they stayed with the CB line.. I missed out on a good deal on a Firelight CB in the Spring so I bought a new PE Alderlea T-5..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.