Jotul Kennebec blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcookcpl

Jun 13, 2008
Western MA
We did a very small first burn in our new Jotul the other night. The fan came on after a bit and it took me a few minutes to realize the fan was even running. It was SO quiet. At first I just barely noticed there was a fan running SOMEWHERE. I thought it was the computer at first. After awhile I realized it was the Jotul running on low. I set the switch to high and it was a little louder, but not much. I think we're going to like this insert.

hello hot cook we have the same insert i wonder if they have changed the blower ours is loud on high. it is quite on low but the air flow is weak so i got a rheostat from northline just had my first fire last night to test it and to see how my full liner install works well the rheostat works great i leave the fan on high and then adjust the rheostat to a mid point great airflow and much quieter then high and the full liner and cut out damper have made a huge difference in operation compared to original install which used a crushed 5ft section jammed through the damper area no more smoke when i open the doors and a much hotter fire i hope this helps someone

I have a Jotul Rockland and the blower will not turn on. I set the switch to manual and Turn the other switch to high, with a good fire, nothing. I know the outlet is working. My only guess is the installer hooked up the wiring wrong. Insert is brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

labrador said:
I have a Jotul Rockland and the blower will not turn on. I set the switch to manual and Turn the other switch to high, with a good fire, nothing. I know the outlet is working. My only guess is the installer hooked up the wiring wrong. Insert is brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a warranty issue.

Thanks for the advice. However I had a different installer from the dealership. Hope it's a simple issue. BTW how do you put on signatures on the forum?

Go to 'your control panel' at the very top of the web page. In your control panel, chose 'Edit Signature' from the left hand options list and add the stove info there.

labrador said:
Thanks for the advice. However I had a different installer from the dealership. Hope it's a simple issue. BTW how do you put on signatures on the forum?

Call where you bought it for your warranty.

the motor could be bad, we had 3 that only lasted a day to a week. the dealer, the woodbox ,tried to blame my electric. well being an hvac tech, that didn't fly jotul sent out a motor with a different lot number and 2 years later its still going strong

Thanks for the info, jdowd. Were you able to deal with Jotul (portland,me) directly or did you have to go through a dealer? I have heard they were having trouble with their motors. Mine will not work even in the manual override mode.

it was covered under the warranty through the dealer It could be just a bad connection from the motor to the switches it should be fairly easy for someone with some electrical experience to check do not try this yourself if you don't of cause the first step would be to unplug the blower from the outlet

Thanks for the valuable info. It will be checked out Tuesday. Hope it's a simple fix.

Simple fix on the fan. It was in the wiring. 550 works fine and brought the room (850 sq. ft. ) from 68 to 74. Looking forward to a warm house this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.