1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jotul Oslo price

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by sgcsalsero, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgcsalsero

sgcsalsero Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    ClevelandRocks
    Hopefully this is an easy one, local dealer wants $1,495 for matte black Jotul Oslo F500, free delivery, is
    this a decent price. They had it set up in the showroom running for part of year to 'show off' so assuming
    no glitches.

This site has been very helpful, Thank you,
    Steve C.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    The company that is selling it gets a little credit from the manufacture for burning it. So you should be getting a bit better deal then what they would sell you a new one for. Make shure that it still comes with a warrenty and check it for signs of being overfired. It was probably taken very good care of but why risk damage for a few hundred dollar savings. WHat will they sell you one new for?
  3. sgcsalsero

sgcsalsero Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    ClevelandRocks
    Good point, I thought I could negotiate the price a little because they have been running it in the store. But I have seen this
    as almost a 'selling' point for them. All in all, I think a small concession would be in order, since it isn't 'new out of the box' and
    more like a new car dealer's 'test drive' car. Their list for new is $1,900, Thanks for the feedback.
  4. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Its my pratice to sell burn displays for a good buy. I also explain that its used and has a limited warrenty. My price reflects this. I sell burn displays all the time. And people love a good deal. I havent had one come back yet with any issues that i can think of. $1495 seems in line for a good condition used Oslo. I dont remember what retail is. If its far enough away from retail for you to take some risk then go for it.
  5. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    They're retailing F500's here in CT for around $2,100. I just know this cause I looked at the F500 before picking the Heritage.
  6. pinetop

pinetop New Member

i was quoted a price of 1800.00 for a matte black oslo ...one thing you might be getting in the deal is a rear heat shield which is probably a 100.00 item and possibly you could negotiate the fire screen also and you don't have to put up with the noxious fumes of break in fires...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.