Jotul Oslo price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcsalsero

Feeling the Heat
Mar 15, 2006
ClevelandRocks
Hopefully this is an easy one, local dealer wants $1,495 for matte black Jotul Oslo F500, free delivery, is
this a decent price. They had it set up in the showroom running for part of year to 'show off' so assuming
no glitches.

This site has been very helpful, Thank you,
Steve C.

The company that is selling it gets a little credit from the manufacture for burning it. So you should be getting a bit better deal then what they would sell you a new one for. Make shure that it still comes with a warrenty and check it for signs of being overfired. It was probably taken very good care of but why risk damage for a few hundred dollar savings. WHat will they sell you one new for?

Good point, I thought I could negotiate the price a little because they have been running it in the store. But I have seen this
as almost a 'selling' point for them. All in all, I think a small concession would be in order, since it isn't 'new out of the box' and
more like a new car dealer's 'test drive' car. Their list for new is $1,900, Thanks for the feedback.

Its my pratice to sell burn displays for a good buy. I also explain that its used and has a limited warrenty. My price reflects this. I sell burn displays all the time. And people love a good deal. I havent had one come back yet with any issues that i can think of. $1495 seems in line for a good condition used Oslo. I dont remember what retail is. If its far enough away from retail for you to take some risk then go for it.

i was quoted a price of 1800.00 for a matte black oslo ...one thing you might be getting in the deal is a rear heat shield which is probably a 100.00 item and possibly you could negotiate the fire screen also and you don't have to put up with the noxious fumes of break in fires...

Status
Not open for further replies.