Jotul Oslo vs. Castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I explained to my wife that we could just make a smaller fire in the Oslo, but she is worried that it'll blow us away. In checking the measurements, since the Oslo is 4 or 5" greater in depth, we might have to move it closer to the front of the hearth for clearance reasons from the back, even with a heat shield. So in the end, went with the blue/black enamel Castine and should have it in place in 5 days. The firebox is just a bit bigger than my Century, and should be MUCH more efficient. As mentioned earlier, the Century shows a top output of 30k btu's with the Castine at 50k....the Castine will be plenty of stove, just wish it had the side door..........thanks for the help...............Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.