Jotul Rangely F50 TL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy517

Oct 8, 2013
Good morning all,

I am starting a new thread, hoping to gain some knowledge and get some advice. I am upgrading from an old VC Encore Reliant. This stove served us well, but has seen better days.

I have the opportunity to buy a new rangeley for $1,995, and am looking very hard at it. I am hoping yall can help me with pulling the trigger or backing away.

I have a 22' foot clay lined 8x8 exterior chimney, connected through the wall with a wall thimble and triple wall insulated pipe. From there its connected to the burner with single wall pipe. The single wall consists of about a total of 5' of pipe and two 90's.

Our home is a Bi-level home that we have installed a 12x12 louver above the burner with a small fan installed in the joist space to draw heat into the upper floor. This woorks very well to create a great even airflow.

I only qestion if this heater will run us out of the room that it is installed in; although I am really hoping for a good 10+ hour burn.

Advice??

If the Encore didn't drive you out of the room the Rangeley shouldn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.