June 1st.... With Fire?!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it is way past burn time here, the temperature has to be less than it is inside at the moment to even think about additional heat. Mrs. Bear will just bake something if she feels chilled. Yes, my stove is buttoned up, in fact the termination cap is in the garage and the vent and oak are plugged.

same here on all counts.
except if i hadn't already buttoned everything up, i would be burning.

i have already set june 15th of next year as the shutdown date.
but if i'm cold on any date later than that this year, i will push next years date up to match that date.

eff being cold when i have 7.5 tons of pellets in the basement.

the g/f just baked applesauce cake yesterday.
i wonder what i can talk her into baking today.

i may have to break down and wear socks around the house today :)

Mrs. Bear will just bake something if she feels chilled. .

Very True Bear. After running for a bit yesterday, I kind of wished I hadn't. Started doing inside chores that had been put off and I felt too warm really quickly.........ran the oven early evening for dinner and made it even warmer. But the basement and house feel drier and last night/this morning, I have windows open. Guess its time to put a fork in it...it's done.

i may have to break down and wear socks around the house today :)

Yeah, had to put on sweats instead of shorts....but no socks yet :)

The wifes been whining but I haven't given in.... yet.

Low of 48 tonight and tomorrow.

View attachment 67960
Smokey- tell me your trick for not giving in- as I had to give in yesterday to the old lady (not the stove that is my wife)- and fire it up. Also burning this morning- Funny how things balance out- little or not burning in April/May and now burning in June- just when I thought I had extra pellets for next year ;lol

Sadly, I just folded like a cheap suit to the wife's request to turn the stove on, to take the dampness out. It will only be on for a short time.

Tom C.

i shut the bedroom door and am heating with the xbox, 32" lcd tv, pc, and stereo amp. :)

mmmm. toasty.

Smokey- tell me your trick for not giving in- as I had to give in yesterday to the old lady (not the stove that is my wife)- and fire it up. Also burning this morning- Funny how things balance out- little or not burning in April/May and now burning in June- just when I thought I had extra pellets for next year ;lol

Do something about your insulation and air infiltration it helps a lot. As does having long sleeves. This time of year is great for hand quilting and knitting both of which Mrs. Bear loves to do. Also those quilts are pretty good at keeping even a scrawny hungry spring bear warm. Not that I'm scrawny but the hungry description applies here. If the old lady doesn't feel the chill there should be no problem keeping the stove off. I'll break down when the aged feline gnaws off my foot at the ankle.

Reactions: LMPS
Do something about your insulation and air infiltration it helps a lot. As does having long sleeves. This time of year is great for hand quilting and knitting both of which Mrs. Bear loves to do. Also those quilts are pretty good at keeping even a scrawny hungry spring bear warm. Not that I'm scrawny but the hungry description applies here. If the old lady doesn't feel the chill there should be no problem keeping the stove off. I'll break down when the aged feline gnaws off my foot at the ankle.
I am sure that think coat you and the Mrs. have after a long winters naps helps also Mr. Bear......

I am sure that think coat you and the Mrs. have after a long winters naps helps also Mr. Bear......

I don't get to take a long winter's nap (I spend it here causing trouble to those that don't keep their stoves clean), the Mrs. requires a warm house in the winter, if I fail at that job my hind end kind of hurts really bad.

;hm Well after 3-4 days of 48 at night and steady rain we ran the stove.
Morning weather stated that Mt. Washington in N.H. was getting snow with temp at 30.
So it's June huh??

53 in CT this morning -- I was sorely tempted to fire up the XXV. Put on a jacket instead -- saved the pennies and the pellets.

It's funny, because just the other day, when it was 90 and humid as hell, I looked at my pellet stove and thought to myself "What good are you to me? You're useless!"

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Hello

The house is a comfortable 70 Deg F

However it was 58.1 deg F in the shed early this morning and 65 in there last night.

The low outside was 50.9 early this morning and right now at 12:35 pm it is only 55.9 outside in the windy wet drizzly rain! That is really Cold for June 4th ! !

So I gave a blast of heat with the Enviro Meridian last night and this morning to take out the chill.

The stove went all day on Auto-On/Off for more testing and now I am really confused how Auto-On/Off works!
See > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...n-auto-on-off-now-i-am-really-confused.87279/

Well, it is 10PM and now the outside temp 50.7 which is already lower than last night's Low!

So crank up the stoves tonight folks!

Attachments

• TRHShed600enviro.jpg
    TRHShed600enviro.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 104
Just a public service announcement, your stove can still run out of pellets when burning in June. Thank you for tuning in that is the end of the public service announcement.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I had to work in my office this past weekend. Too cool for me. Started the stove Saturday and it is sill going. Wife says is perrrrrfect! Besides, I got to get rid of some more Energex. But, I will also tell you I have had my bedroom window open a few inches for way over a month. Love a cool bedroom with fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.