1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just a silly question

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by schlot, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

My family used to call us "Cheap". lol Then we bought a new Stove, Chimney, Splitter, etc... Lol :lol:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mayhem

mayhem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Peru, MA
    Woodburner, but my indian name is "Warm in Winter".
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Actually I take back what I said . . . since it is your wife asking what to call you . . . I would go with Stud Muffin . . . yeah . . . tell her that everyone that burns wood refers to themselves as Stud Muffins . . . except for the female wood burners . . . they're known as Smoking Hot. Yeah . . . that's what you should tell her . . . she needs to call you Stud Muffin. :)
  4. snowleopard

snowleopard New Member

Thank you, Jake. "Men who provide heat, meat, and wheat" just wasn't working for me. I get called `Mom' a lot. You could see how that flies with her . . .

Around half the people I work with heat with wood, and most of the neighbors on my access road, and a lot of the people I know socially either heat with wood or have heated with wood or are in the process of getting a stove installed. It's less of a distinguishing characteristic than gender or politics around here, so a label isn't really pertinent. I realize that's not necessarily the norm--some of you may feel like the Lone Ranger out there if you don't have friends or neighbors who cut and burn. How about cutters/slashers/burners depending upon what you're up to at the time? Hey, ask a silly question . . .
  5. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Pyrostitute. I like it.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Yep, I was gonna comment on that one also. :cheese:
    It follows along the same lines as my self proclaimed "food whore" status.
  7. wazzu

wazzu Member

Loc:
    SW Idaho
    I like the term "Woodchucks".