Just bought it!!! Updated 04-08-2008 with pics at bottom

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwildz said:
Nice, your gonna be needing more wood, more wood!!
I think I saw that bug on top dancing to the Bee Gees.

Yep,
I should have 11 or 12 face cords for next year, that should be plenty as I don't see me burning both all the time. I need to split about another 2 or 3 to be more than good for this fall/winter. Man that Olympic is a nice stove with seasoned wood, I can see why most people don't buy the ash pan, it seems to leave less ash than the Summit, but I am sure the burn time will be a little less....that's OK :smirk:

when the weather gets cold i am coming to your place!!!!!!!!!
you got the heat i bring the beer!!!
that stove looks good!!!

dam@@ i want another stove!!

I'll take Molsen Ice please or Labatt's :coolsmile:

Yah this stove pretty much rocks, I am a little "burned out" for fires right now, spending lots of time splitting, but I can't stop burning because I love this stove. The Summit deserves a nice break though

I spent another 300 and bought Simpsons double wall inside so it looks really sharp, finally!!!!!!!

JFK said:
Hogwildz said:

Yep,
I should have 11 or 12 face cords for next year, that should be plenty as I don't see me burning both all the time. I need to split about another 2 or 3 to be more than good for this fall/winter. Man that Olympic is a nice stove with seasoned wood, I can see why most people don't buy the ash pan, it seems to leave less ash than the Summit, but I am sure the burn time will be a little less....that's OK :smirk:

Who are you trying to fool? Your going to get greedy and burn both stoves just to see if you can get your house up to 100 degrees. Get more firewood. :lol:

JFK said:
Man that Olympic is a nice stove with seasoned wood, I can see why most people don't buy the ash pan, it seems to leave less ash than the Summit, but I am sure the burn time will be a little less....that's OK :smirk:

How often has the Summit been up to 700 degrees? Maybe that might have something to do with the ash accumulation?

BeGreen said:
JFK said:
Man that Olympic is a nice stove with seasoned wood, I can see why most people don't buy the ash pan, it seems to leave less ash than the Summit, but I am sure the burn time will be a little less....that's OK :smirk:

How often has the Summit been up to 700 degrees? Maybe that might have something to do with the ash accumulation?

You might be right, after this coming Fall/winter I should be able to compare both better.

Todd said:
JFK said:
Hogwildz said:

Yep,

Who are you trying to fool? Your going to get greedy and burn both stoves just to see if you can get your house up to 100 degrees. Get more firewood. :lol:

Already got the Florida room to 101F this week, with windows open.....First time I have seen that gauge that high in my house. I will try for 100 on the thermostat this fall/winter :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.