Just checked my chimney - yay!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joecool85

Minister of Fire
I just checked my chimney again, 2 months now of burning and it looks almost clear! Just a light dusting of fine gray ashes. It actually looks even better than in November when there was slightly more gray ash but it was larger flakes. I'd say we should be good to wait until spring to clean it.

As it should be!

Just amazes me when we have report after report like this and some folks still believe it's normal to pull several gallons of creosote out of the chimney several times per year.

Well done.

pen

Joe, you probably will be able to wait until spring for the cleaning but do check it a couple more times just to be safe.

Backwoods Savage said:
Joe, you probably will be able to wait until spring for the cleaning but do check it a couple more times just to be safe.

Yeah, I had been checking it monthly (started burning end of October, checked it end of November and now end of December). I'll probably skip January and check it end of February, then depending on how that looks I'll check it again in March or April. I'm very happy though, it's great to see the "proof in the pudding" that I'm doing it right. Of course, the 500+F stove temps, beautiful secondaries and no smoke were good indicators as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.