Just got my pellets delivered..cheapest in the nation-thanx to Depot error!!! (bunch of pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have taken everyones comments to heart and had a converstaion with my girl...she has been with me through all the details of this purchase.....
i do feel bad if someone makes an honest mistake and has to pay for it, like a waistress who has to pay part of someones bill
attitude goes a long way and the cashier and the salsemen didnt exactly have the motivation to make sure this was the right price
i gave her the coupon in the beginning when i was fully prepared to pay full price over $500 making it valid at the time.....if she has an attitude and cant be bothered to read it, why should i say something?
i have to admit, i think i would handle it the same way if i had to do it over again

i know one thing for sure, as i was moving them one bag at a time, i had a nice wide smile on my face knowing what i paid

Obviously the clerk`s error should have been brought to light in a perfect world. Unfortunately...........
That said I wonder how many installers who quoted a price based on so many hours and complete the job ahead of schedule would return money to the customer?
Rarely did I as an electrician since my reasoning usually was "some jobs go better than others, some you make out better than others and sometimes not so ." I`ve had jobs that took longer but never asked for more than my original quote. It all averages out. This might be comparable reasoning for the young lad (OP)

Jeez people, lighten up on the guy already. If the mistake was made in his favor and they didn't catch it, it's their problem. Many is the time I have had a problem with cashiers who can't even make change correctly!

I can't remember where I read this, but the "loss experts" in the retail business can show that far more stolen goods move out the back door than the front door.

Chris

self esteem...which you seem to be lacking....this forum gives honest answers to valid questions....one can only wonder what responses you will personally glean from future inquiries

so you are suggesting that i will be shunned by the hearth community because i took advantage of depot??......if you speak for the forum, then i wouldnt want to remain a part of it if that were the case

i only speak on behalf of myself....your boasting on this site as you did makes me wonder about self-abuse...

self abuse?

look i am sorry if i upset some of you... that was never my intention. i just wanted to share my experience, if i had to do it again i probably would, the only thing i would do for sure is posting about it if i new this would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.