Just Got Rid Of Some Air In Line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Knock on wood.

I heard some bubbling in the upstairs zone. Setting its circ pumps speed to high for the day has seemed to help. I just went down and noticed the pump is now pretty soundless so the air must have been eliminated; turned the pump down to its original setting. I'll see how it is in the morning.

Do you ever wonder where that air comes from?? My system will be quiet for weeks on end and then all a sudden I get a bubble in an elbow or near a pump or throttled valve.

My area is upstairs. I've been pumping pretty slow. I have no idea where the air comes from.

I hate air, we added several Spiro Vents, seems to help....being that we are under construction in general, adding storage etc.....we battle air every time we open the system....even burnt out a few pumps....

Just put a boiler drain on each loop and one on return,hook hose to water supply
and go until all air is out of loop,did this on new install as was sick and tired of
air in line. This solves ounce and fall all.Of course you need shut offs at circulater
this is common on most installs help with change out of circulater and don't cost an arm and leg yo do.

Status
Not open for further replies.