Just like quitting CIGARETTES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont have a problem my wife does. so i drained the oil tanks, cut the water line and power to the boiler. problem solved!

mike8937 said:
i dont have a problem my wife does. so i drained the oil tanks, cut the water line and power to the boiler. problem solved!
Don't be too hard on her. From the looks of your signature I think you have a problem with orange saws and green tractors.

Don't even have a thermostat (or any furnaces of any type) in my house.
Tore em all out when I bought the place. If I don't get the wood fire going - I freeze.
Simplifies things a lot. No temptation to be lazy.

Smokey

BrowningBAR said:
soupy1957 said:
Ever notice how flipping on the furnace once and a while, feels like smoking that one cigarette that you really wanted with your morning coffee? Especially since you had done so good at NOT smoking for that last _________ (day, week, month, you fill in the blank).
It's ok friend..........you're just sucking up fuel oil for a LITTLE while..........
-Soupy1957

Never smoked, don't drink coffee, and the thermostat is dead to me.

Timely thread….

Our first cool day this season and I was tempted because none of my wood burning toys….ooops, I mean wood burning equipment, had been set up yet and I wasn't feeling up to the work of getting it all ready….3rd day of a stomach bug and feeling down and out….I put on extra clothes but then decided to go ahead a build a fire because I knew it would make me feel better just cuz it is a wood fire!
It did and hopefully tomorrow I will be up and running again…thanks to the heat from one small fire :coolsmile:

I have yet to experience the same comfort from throwing a thermostat switch….

Thermostat is set at 60 and it doesn't move . . . if I want heat I start a fire . . . my wife on the other hand is free to do whatever she wants . . . but she is well aware of the current price of heating oil.

pen said:
Have fought with tobacco the majority of my life, but have no problems staying away from the thermostat.

I was doing fine until I bummed that Camel filter from you out in the Woodstock parking lot last Saturday. Now I'm back up to a pack a day again.

JK, but that ciggie sure tasted good! :cheese:

Battenkiller said:
pen said:
Have fought with tobacco the majority of my life, but have no problems staying away from the thermostat.

I was doing fine until I bummed that Camel filter from you out in the Woodstock parking lot last Saturday. Now I'm back up to a pack a day again.

JK, but that ciggie sure tasted good! :cheese:

I rarely smoke cigarettes anymore. Mostly the pipe. Hope you aren't in the doghouse w/ the Mrs now.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.