Just sharing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WidowMaker

Hearth Supporter
Sep 1, 2008
Central Washington
My load

Stove Top Temp verified by TL 300 Infared Thermometer as 592*

My Burn...

Inside temp 80
Outside temp 37

Life is good...by the by this some of that nasty ol PNW piney wood...

Attachments

• 1_26_11 002 (Medium).jpg
    1_26_11 002 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 290
  • 1_26_11 008 (Medium).jpg
    1_26_11 008 (Medium).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 1_26_11 005 (Medium).jpg
    1_26_11 005 (Medium).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 292
I'm no expert but that railing sure seems to be too close to the stove, maybe its the angle of the photo?

Nice burn. Overnight temps here didn't drop as expected here. I had the living room up to 78 last night on a 3 split fire and had to leave. It was too hot to be comfortable.

The right side does look a bit close to that railing.

BHAaaa...Pine ain't no good for burning.

And I agree that it "appears" that your railing is a bit close.

Yea, that a Endeavor, with PINE and the railing is as close as it appears, to keep the grand babies from getting into the side of the stove, has been there for 8 years, often used to dry clothing articles during the winter. Never a problem or worry...

A little better shot of it...

A couple mpor shots of the area, as you can see the area around the stove becomes "runway" from one area to the other so the fence is in place to keep the little one from stumbling into the sid of the stove, oldest grand daughter is 8, young grandson is 1 1/2 with 2 3 yr grandson so it does become a raceway, luckly the fence has never been tested, it will come down after this burning season...if it don't combust first....an thanks for the concern...

Attachments

• Sleep 002 (Medium).jpg
    Sleep 002 (Medium).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 1_26_11 009 (Medium).jpg
    1_26_11 009 (Medium).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 1_26_11 010 (Medium).jpg
    1_26_11 010 (Medium).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 174
WidowMaker said:
Yea, that a Endeavor, with PINE and the railing is as close as it appears, to keep the grand babies from getting into the side of the stove, has been there for 8 years, often used to dry clothing articles during the winter. Never a problem or worry...

. . . until it catches on fire.

There is a reason why stoves have clearance combustibles . . . just because something has been OK for months or years does not make it any safer. It's your stove and your set up, but I know in my own case, knowing how things catch on fire and how high heat in proximity can lower the ignition temp of materials, I would consider moving the railing.

Now about the pine . . . keep on burning!!!

Good to see the stove is at the heart of the home. It looks like it is much appreciated by grandkids and pets alike.

WidowMaker said:

A little better shot of it...

A couple mpor shots of the area, as you can see the area around the stove becomes "runway" from one area to the other so the fence is in place to keep the little one from stumbling into the sid of the stove, oldest grand daughter is 8, young grandson is 1 1/2 with 2 3 yr grandson so it does become a raceway, luckly the fence has never been tested, it will come down after this burning season...if it don't combust first....an thanks for the concern...

I love the first photo of your grandchild, dog and woodstove!

Status
Not open for further replies.