Just sold my Englander stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmh5996

Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2010
pa
Just sold my Englander 55SHP10. Great reliable basic pellet stove but am buying a Harman P43 to replace it. The P43 has a few more options and a local dealer to service it. That was my only main problem with Englander and being an upper extremity amputee, having someone to service it is a big deal.

Congrats on the new Harman P43. There are several members that have them and there is also a few Harman techies that hang out here too (Lousyweather and a few others are the Harman guru's).

Please post a few photo's when its up and running for you. We like picts and really like them when the stove is burning.

Enjoy!

tmh5996 said:
Just sold my Englander 55SHP10. Great reliable basic pellet stove but am buying a Harman P43 to replace it. The P43 has a few more options and a local dealer to service it. That was my only main problem with Englander and being an upper extremity amputee, having someone to service it is a big deal.

I have that same stove and a Harman.
I can understand the Harman having more options and dealer service available but I didn`t think one would be any harder or more work to clean than the other. That said, I haven`t cleaned the Englander (kinda new yet) so maybe I`m in for a surprise?

jtakeman said:
.......There are several members that have them and there is also a few Harman techies that hang out here too (Lousyweather and a few others are the Harman guru's).....

Eric at Kinsman is a dealer/techie on Harmans now too.

Gio said:
tmh5996 said:

I can understand the Harman having more options and dealer service available but I didn`t think one would be any harder or more work to clean than the other. That said, I haven`t cleaned the Englander (kinda new yet) so maybe I`m in for a surprise?

yes you are...P43 way less cleaning than any englander ever made.

summit said:
Gio said:
tmh5996 said:

yes you are...P43 way less cleaning than any englander ever made.

I was thinking of the year end cleaning and not the daily/weekly cleaning/scraping. The Harman definitely goes for weeks without needing a cleaning and the window stays almost totally clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.