Just starting to seriously look for a pickup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose, I didn't check the specs on it, but I bet you are right about loaded weight on that. they pull theirs with a 1 ton. but the last Montana they pulled with a 3/4 ton. this one is bigger and better, but I think I just assumed that a 3/4 could do it because thats what they had before.....

I ain't buying this to haul a camper, so if I can't do it I can't. I won't shed a tear over that. this is all good information, though. keep it coming. If I run across some other vehicles around I'll probably post them here for input.

timfromohio said:
PS - my truck is a short bed. It must be nice to be able to get a stack of drywall and actually close the tailgate ....

It is. But a down side is parking at the end of the parking lots and walking all theway to the stores ;-)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
It is. But a down side is parking at the end of the parking lots and walking all theway to the stores ;-)

I'll bet most of us here could use the exercise form the longer walk. My long bed supercab will fit in a regular space if I feel like taking the time. I find that it is much easier to get the long truck into tight spots backwards than forntwards. That's where the good mirrors are helpful again.

You're right, it is way easier to back in than pull in. Those little mirrors under the regular mirrors are tilted down, so I can see the parking stall lines, or the lines on the road, so I know the trailer is travelling true.

Ah, you New Yorkers... (lived in upstate for several years, went to school @SUNY and spent many vacations in LI). Out here they make parking spaces to accommodate trucks. Until you get over the border into Colorado... You can always tell when you're getting near the city (Denver), since you have to prepay for gas and the parking spaces suck for a full-size truck- a couple weeks back I was pulling a friend's 24' gooseneck with a loader on it through Denver; makes you appreciate brakes and wide lanes. Also makes my toyota p/u feel like a go-cart (which it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.