1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just starting to seriously look for a pickup

Post in 'The Gear' started by Danno77, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Moose, I didn't check the specs on it, but I bet you are right about loaded weight on that. they pull theirs with a 1 ton. but the last Montana they pulled with a 3/4 ton. this one is bigger and better, but I think I just assumed that a 3/4 could do it because thats what they had before.....

I ain't buying this to haul a camper, so if I can't do it I can't. I won't shed a tear over that. this is all good information, though. keep it coming. If I run across some other vehicles around I'll probably post them here for input.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    It is. But a down side is parking at the end of the parking lots and walking all theway to the stores ;-)
  3. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    I'll bet most of us here could use the exercise form the longer walk. My long bed supercab will fit in a regular space if I feel like taking the time. I find that it is much easier to get the long truck into tight spots backwards than forntwards. That's where the good mirrors are helpful again.
  4. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    You're right, it is way easier to back in than pull in. Those little mirrors under the regular mirrors are tilted down, so I can see the parking stall lines, or the lines on the road, so I know the trailer is travelling true.
  5. moosetrek

moosetrek New Member

Loc:
    WY - East of Cheyenne
    Ah, you New Yorkers... (lived in upstate for several years, went to school @SUNY and spent many vacations in LI). Out here they make parking spaces to accommodate trucks. Until you get over the border into Colorado... You can always tell when you're getting near the city (Denver), since you have to prepay for gas and the parking spaces suck for a full-size truck- a couple weeks back I was pulling a friend's 24' gooseneck with a loader on it through Denver; makes you appreciate brakes and wide lanes. Also makes my toyota p/u feel like a go-cart (which it is).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.