Just waiting for.............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Mother Nature to bring these down, we have some ice with snow coming in but doubt that will be enough.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2734.jpg
    100_2734.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 100_2735.jpg
    100_2735.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 400x266_01261656_nesnowmap.jpg
    400x266_01261656_nesnowmap.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 494
Yuk
May not bring the trees down, but it still lousy weather.
Looks like a nice day today though. :)

Can you throw up a grapple & pull it down?

Zap, is that limb leaning on any other trees or branches? I have alot of those here too, and they never lost there leaves since breaking. Hopefully a good snow will bring them down. That ice you got coming might be just enough.

Mother Nature will bring it down but we know not when.

So the real question here is who will hold out the longest in this game you or the tree ;-P

Pete

Is that a Cherry Zap?

I'm not touching it, like the Sav said mother nature will take care of it in time. It's in an area we don't travel so it stays until it comes down.

I tried one almost like the one pictured, had the rope & cable around it but it would not come down, had the cable hooked to the back of the rhino.

zap

I agree zap, let mother nature help you out. I'm sure you can find something else thats ready for your saw and those perfectly stacked rows! :)

Locust Post said:
Is that a Cherry Zap?

Yes it is Locust Post, lots of cherry on our lot. This is another cherry which is near a walking trail, needs to come down before summer.(Only if I can do it from a safe distance.)

zap

Attachments

• 100_3932.jpg
    100_3932.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_3933.jpg
    100_3933.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 372
zapny said:
Locust Post said:
Is that a Cherry Zap?

Yes it is Locust Post, lots of cherry on our lot. This is another cherry which is near a walking trail, needs to come down before summer.(Only if I can do it from a safe distance.)

zap

Lots of cherry around here too. I have more fresh cherry cut right now than I have for several years because I was clearing some farm land. I like cherry fairly well but it is not my favorite just burn a lot of it cause it is plentiful.

Anything else that needs to come down that you could use to help the broken tops down? Have to be careful with this for sure....but likely better than bringing it down by cutting at the bottom.

I don't know zap, when it does fall, I'll bet $10,000 it won't be on the ground more than one night before you have it cut up. :)

Sometimes those damn limbs stay up there a long time, my neighbor has a huge ash tree that splits into two about 10 feet up, one side is split pretty good from the October snow storm, when its windy it creaks and moans and groans but it wont come down.

weatherguy said:
Sometimes those damn limbs stay up there a long time, my neighbor has a huge ash tree that splits into two about 10 feet up, one side is split pretty good from the October snow storm, when its windy it creaks and moans and groans but it wont come down.

The first picture which started the topic has been like that for 3-4 years, the last picture has been hung up for one full year this summer.

zap

And that second one looks nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.