1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just when I thought heating season was done...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Adkjake, May 24, 2013.

1. Adkjake

Adkjake Member

Loc:
    Adirondack High Peaks
    Here's the National Weather Service Forecast for the Adirondacks and Western Essex County.
    Tonight: Rain. Snow after midnight. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Saturday: Snow in the morning. Rain. Total snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds around 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph...increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

I think the woodstove will get fired up this evening. Heck, it's 47* and raining now!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Coog

Coog Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North West Illinois
    Upper 30s last night. Had to run the stove to get the chill out. A perfect night to burn though really.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yup. Lots of us in the same boat with this cold spell. I think it came straight from Alaska. But now it is warming up there so maybe it will do the same here?
  4. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

I am working in the garage staining and now polyurethaning some shelves. It is too cool and damp for these shelves to ever dry so a nice warm fire is paramount ! ! !
  5. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    Well I just touched off our fire, it's a damp 44*. We got our garden transplants today and the young lady said it could be an unseasonable 39 Sunday.