Just when you thought you've seen all the CL angles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood Duck said:
Kenster said:
Ken45 said:
Kenster said:
If the wood in question stacks out to be 128 cubic feet, tightly stacked, it's all good.

I think the "tightly stacked" is the key. I know that Ohio's legal definition includes those words. BTW, legally in Ohio, a cord (or part of a cord) is the only legal way to sell firewood.

Ken

That's the way it should be everywhere, INCLUDING this forum. Cords and fractions thereof should be the only language we speak.

I loaded 1/128th of a cord of oak and soft maple in my stove tonight with some Red Cedar kindling and started a fire.
R U sure it wuzn't 1.184378/128th cords ????????????? :coolcheese:

Wood Duck said:
Kenster said:
Ken45 said:
Kenster said:
If the wood in question stacks out to be 128 cubic feet, tightly stacked, it's all good.

I think the "tightly stacked" is the key. I know that Ohio's legal definition includes those words. BTW, legally in Ohio, a cord (or part of a cord) is the only legal way to sell firewood.

Ken

That's the way it should be everywhere, INCLUDING this forum. Cords and fractions thereof should be the only language we speak.

I loaded 1/128th of a cord of oak and soft maple in my stove tonight with some Red Cedar kindling and started a fire.

Roger that! Perfectly understandable. At least it wasn't 1/8 of a Face Rick. ;-)

gzecc said:
NOTE:
A full cord measures four feet high by four feet wide by eight feet long and has a volume of 128 cubic feet.
The most common firewood piece length is 16 inches. Although if you need small lengths, we will cut it down free of charge.
The actual wood volume of a cord may be in the range of 80 to 100 cubic feet as stacked wood takes up more space than a piece of solid wood.

I thought this was a reputable supplier until I read the above.
Seems like a bit of useless info on the sellers part. Who would have thought that if you cut & split a solid 1 cord tree section that it wouldn't go back together perfectly, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.