Keeping Control Board Cool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Do you think that supplying some air flow over the pellet stoves' control board may prolong its life...?? Since its been so cold lately and stoves have been working overtime, you all think it can help ??

Placing a fan behind the unit got me thru the full bore runs with my little quad. It wasn't so much the control board as it was the combustion motor hitting its thermal limit and shutting off until it cooled. Also helped move air to help keep it cool so it didn't hit the high limit and shutdown with a smoke filled basement.

One thing I learned from my ventures was that a big unit cruisin on medium was safer than blastin the guts out of a mid sized unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.