Kent Tie Fire Replacement Window Dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee516

Oct 21, 2009
Long Island
Good morning folks,

I just bought my first home and am so jazzed that it has a Kent Tile Fire wood burning stove to keep it warm. Only problem is that the ceramic window has a couple of cracks that smoke puffs out every once in a while. I need to replace it, but don't know the dimensions of the glass. One of the retaining screws is not coming out easily and I don't want to risk breaking it and taking the stove out of commission.

SO... I'm hopeful that someone can tell me the dimensions and thickness of the replacement window. We'll probably also need a new rope seal and retaining frame.

Thank you SO much... it is getting cold up here, and we could use the heat! Otherwise we have to use the electric baseboards. AHHHHhhhh :ahhh:

--Phil

If you can remove the door easily, lay it on a workbench/table/flat surface
& spray the screw with some PB Blaster or a good penetrating oil & let it
sit for an hour or so.
Usually, you can get enuff pressure on the screw to loosen it.
If it's STILL stubborn, try rapping the end of the screwdriver with a
hammer to see if you can "shock" it to break it loose.
If it strips or snaps the head off, just drill the remnants out & re-tap the thread.
Any local hearth shop should be able to replace the glass & gasket for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.