Kindlewood replacement blower??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stfry

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2010
Central Ohio
I've got a kindlewood kw30 wood insert.

No documentation (bought the house with it installed).

Blower motor went out (1 side).

I've torn it apart and found an old Howard industries motor (1175-16-4, 30 watt, 115volt).

I've looked all over the net and can't even find anybody who knows anything about kindlewood. Anybody help??

Here's a link to some pics - http://cgi.ebay.com/KINDLEWOOD-Wood...240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a613a2730 (i'm not the seller, this guy just saved me some time shooting the pics, plus mine doesn't look close to this nice).

Thanks in advance for any help...

stfry said:
I've got a kindlewood kw30 wood insert.

No documentation (bought the house with it installed).

Blower motor went out (1 side).

I've torn it apart and found an old Howard industries motor (1175-16-4, 30 watt, 115volt).

I've looked all over the net and can't even find anybody who knows anything about kindlewood. Anybody help??

Here's a link to some pics - http://cgi.ebay.com/KINDLEWOOD-Wood...240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a613a2730 (i'm not the seller, this guy just saved me some time shooting the pics, plus mine doesn't look close to this nice).

Thanks in advance for any help...

I couldn't find the original replacement ether. This is what I did. Go to your local big box store (Wal-mart, ect.). Go to there fan section. And get your self a 6" Table fan or the ones with a clamp on them. What you want to do know is take it apart the motor on the inside is exactly what you are looking for. Just make sure you reuse the original metal blades, there held on with a set screw and will transfer to the new motor. There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.