King Pellet USS 5502M. That auger "cover" in the hopper...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoverwheel

Burning Hunk
Oct 18, 2013
USA
What is it's purpose in life?

My daughter is running this stove in her apartment and swears it goes through pellets much faster with it opened up, so she pinches it mostly closed and tightens the wing nut. Then the stove starves and I open it up again.

It seems to me the amount of pellets consumed is based on how often the auger turns, not how wide the door is open.

How should I adjust this? I have yet to find anything in the manual about it.

when I had a longer size pellet I had to open to get enough of the longer pellets up to the shoot. with it closed it was staving the stove. I even took the wing nut off and put a regular nut and tighten it with a racket because the pellets sliding down kept loosing the wing nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.