king stove 5510 ignitor question and issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman_1227

Jan 29, 2010
northern maryland
Ok heres my scenario i have had my kingstove for 3 years now and always have a problem with my ignitor. I replaced it about 4 times all together. At the end of last season and beggining of this season my ignitor glows orange it just wont catch the pellets on fire to get my intial flame. I tried a few brands of pellets thinking that may be the issue but have had no success. Is it possible i have the ignitor set wrong (meaning sticking to far out of the tube it goes in). Im lost on this one and if anyone has any suggestions please help, lighting it manual is a pain. Never had this problem until last season.

Just a few things i noticed as well.

the ignitor glows orange but not the very end of it, not sure if this is normal.
ignitor sticks out the sleeve its housed in about 1/4 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.