1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Kioti tractors

Post in 'The Gear' started by wingsfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Get on 'em. Drive 'em. Kick the tires. Hard.

You'll figure out what you like as far as controls and ergonomics that way.

A good dealer will steer you towards a machine you'll love to own by listening to your needs and preferences. A bad one will try to sell you whatever he has to get off his floor plan!

Try some of the tractor forum sites. They talk this stuff out 24/7!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. oldspark

oldspark Guest

Your welcome! :cheese:
  3. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    Well, I'm gonna stick my nose into this here party just fer the heck of it.
    Dont know nothing bout these new tractors cuz I like the old ones speacially when it comes to price. But iffn it hasnt been said yet on this thread, the dealer and their service and parts dept's should be looked at long and hard as to reputation. I've often thought if I had the $$ I would like 1 of them new Bobcat tractors (same as Koita) but the dealer here as a messed up service deptment. They are also a rental place and with only 2 bobcat mechanics they are more inclined to repair the rental units first and work on the customers stuff later. I had our 863 skidloader in there several years ago for some major repairs that I wasnt equiped to do myself and it was there for a month! Every night on the way back to the shop I would stop and check on the progress and sure enough they would be working on thier moneymakers. For that reason alone I would never buy new from them. Just my 2 cents worth.
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

This is sage advice. It has been my experience that a great dealer selling a decent product will outsell a mediocre dealer selling a great product!
  5. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    MasterMech,
    You use those mowers on golf courses?
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

The Proflex? Yes we did, up until last season. Replaced it with a Jacobsen HR5111.

Some courses, like ours, have MASSIVE amounts of rough to mow.

[​IMG]
    smokinj likes this.
  7. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    2nd tier was a little facetious and was quoted as such. I have a 30 year old blue Shibaura that serves me very well and a 30 year old onan powered green machine 5' mower that pisses me off. It is the Onan part not the JD part that irritates me. That 4110 has an ancient designed JD blower on it, a new styled quick attach loader, a JD belly mower, a Curtis cab and a Yanmar motor that entices me. I've been shopping for a 55 series for all steel but that package at the price they are asking is pretty compelling.
  8. jross47

jross47 Member

Loc:
    central Pennsylvania

Fellow wood burners:

I have a Kioti CK20s a tiny 23HP tractor ....so far it's awesome. It runs my new logsplitter just fine with the in/out plugs in back. lately I've been having problem however mowing uphill. I'm gonna troubleshoot today...but as I mow uphill with the warmed up tractor it starts to die on me after 10-20 ft of mowing on a moderate grade of 10deg or so. This is pissing me off! I've got 225 hrs on and changed hydraulic fluid at 50 hrs and again I will do it at 400 but something isnot right. It may be that the mower has a problem but I've been greasing it ev 50hrs. so that leaves??????.....it's pissing me off. advice is appreciated.

Jims Brain
  9. jross47

jross47 Member

Loc:
    central Pennsylvania
    I'm starting to wish that I'd bought a deere. My kioti ran well until recently. (5 year old now) recently it's been slowing on the hills that I mow which are only a 10 to 12 deg slope. I checked the Hydraulic fluid and it's full and clean so I'm a bit stumped. advice is appreciated. I'm thinking that I should make sure the mower is in good order and maybe I'll take the loader off and mow without it for a bit.

Jims Brain
  10. nate379

nate379 Guest

My Dad has a 23hp Kioti and loves it. Has a cab on it, Fisher snow plow mounted to the bucket arms, snowblower on the 3pt hitch. Also has a weight box, bucket and fork tines.

I have used it along with a few Kubota and John Deere CUTs and I would say in that size range they are all about the same other than price.

He had a Jimna before at that was a steaming pile of doo. About caught fire twice when the wiring just melted down. Well the wiring was made from scrapped out wiring from something aparently. The tins were heavily Bondo'd to make them look decent, torch cut marks all over for the levers and stuff like that!
  11. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    What's slowing? The tractor's motion, the engine, or the mower deck? Let's assume it's a HST tractor and what "gear" are you trying to mow in? You need to be working at PTO rpm. Isn't the CK20 a hi-lo machine? Probably can't do much in hi range, that's for transport. Low range should spin the tires before the engine lugs down. Worst case is the forwards pedal is to the floor, engine rpms up, and no forward motion.
  12. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    My neighbor (older fella - about 72) has a 27 horse (I'm pretty sure) Kioti - about 10 years old now. I've borrowed it lots of time and worked with him lots with it. Great tractor as far as I'm concerned - he's never had a major issue and it still runs real well (he's pretty rough on it). I'd have no issue with buying one after my experiences with his tractor, but.....that's one tractor. Cheers!
  13. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    just a couple random thoughts ,

was told "hearsay" JD under 60 hp are yanmars then told now any under 90 hp are yanmars ,my 2320 is a yanmar made in Japan

next Branson tractors ,was told same plant & assembly line as deere

I looked at these, looked good and they do look like JD in RED & much less$$$

they got 35 hp model with loader $15K & finance deal

they don't have the options JD does

Last as I said before You gotta sit on & or operate any contender .The ergonomics of the JD made my sale but different models differ .......your mileage may very ......

The power steering is super & mine is very maneuverable , it will turn SHARP PUT ON A SPIN KNOB what ever you get!!!

My cx 200 loader will lift more than I think it should ,I think I can hurt itself ,You can't beat the hook up

The on ramp belly mower hooks up well but ,to me stinks on mow quality ,the float of the deck is very limited,sorry but my 25 yr old Simplicty kicks its butt

Diesel compact tractors are great & they don't need to be real big to really work hard

but 25 hp pto min is good to have

best of luck with what ever you decide
  14. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
  15. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Deere's old x50 series cuts (650, 750, 850, 950, 1050) were near clones on Yanmar machines with many interchangable parts.

Deere has used Yanmar engines in plenty of it's small tractors since the 80's. Lawn and Garden stuff all the way up to about 60HP.

These days the 4x20 CUTs run Deere engines, the 3x20 series and smaller are Yanmar engines. How close the 2x20 and smaller machines are to actually being Yanmars, I don't know. What I do know is that ALL of them perform well, and parts will be available for many decades to come. I have never been given a reason to doubt the quality and longevity of Yanmar engines/machinery so if Deere chooses to have them build some of the smaller tractors, I think they're up to the task. ;)
  16. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    some kioti and bobcat models used to be made by daedog korea
    my JD 2520 is mostly a yanmar with final assembly here in the states
    tough to define "final assembly" these days, even "made in" as parts are sourced from all over the world.
    Just like cars.
    One model Deere could be mostly assembled in Japan, another in India and shipped to US for final assembly. Heck, they could source some from both .
    Most of the Deere dealers here are gone so if I was buying a CUT today it likely wouldn't be a Deere - as much as I like mine.
    I'd go with what a local dealer ( and one I'd hope would still be around tomorrow) is likely to be able to continue to get parts for and service. ( if needed )
    What might make sense in Eastern Oregon likely won't be a great choice in Western Mass.
  17. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I didn't read all of the posts but its my understanding that Shibaura doesn't make New Hollands anymore and that they will be making Kiotis. I know tractor mechanics who say the Shibauras are bullet proof. I would make sure I got a Kioti made by Shibaura.