Knife Sharpener

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
I was butchering my deer tonight and my knife kept getting dull. It is a pretty high quality knife so i know it is because i suck at sharpening with a a wet stone. What does everyone use?

High quilty hunting knife I like those cheap looking plastic deals. It keep on just the edge. Stones you will drift a little even if your really good. What you get and size? Oh And Congrats!

smokinjay said:
High quilty hunting knife I like those cheap looking plastic deals. It keep on just the edge. Stones you will drift a little even if your really good. What you get and size? Oh And Congrats!

My hunting knife isn't that great, but we got a nice set of kitchen knives a few years ago. I like a larger knife for this type of job (fits my gorilla hands better).

I shot a doe Sat morning. She was decent size, but didn't weigh her.

lukem said:
smokinjay said:

My hunting knife isn't that great, but we got a nice set of kitchen knives a few years ago. I like a larger knife for this type of job (fits my gorilla hands better).

I shot a doe Sat morning. She was decent size, but didn't weigh her.

Better than I will do this season.....I got a couple thats just for gorilla hands. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.