Kotley still shipping to USA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdivr

Hearth Supporter
Jan 1, 2009
Mid-Missouri
I emailed them to check on shipping costs and it appears they don't ship to US anymore??

They redirected me to USA dealer for boiler purchases. Anyone else experiencing this? I suppose shipping to USA was too much of a hassle for individual orders..

That's a shock. I bought my boiler from them about 6 months ago. I would make sure you were in contact with Tomasz the owner. The exchange rate isn't near as good as when I bought my Atmos & it has gone up about 1/3 in price. Kotly/Tomasz was great to deal with, very honest. You can also get a Atmos or EKO from Connecticut Green Heat & others for probably about the same price now. My Laddomat 21 was $100.00 cheaper from Zenon than Kotly without shipping. Like the Webmaster said awhile back theres something to be said for buying in the USA also. I drove through nightmare Chicago traffic jams to pick up my boiler, never again. My broker fees etc were about $500.00(they pulled my boiler for intense inspection) (read, wanted to train their new dogs). Good luck, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
My broker fees etc were about $500.00(they pulled my boiler for intense inspection) (read, wanted to train their new dogs). Good luck, Randy

No, they wanted to extort from you... I learned this the hard way importing a low speed diesel engine from India by way of Canada.

Brokers and customs gave me a really long run around (over an hour) until a really fetching blonde woman with some kind of serious record/ international watch flag walked in, and they decided that she and whatever complications that she came with were much more captivating than me and my diesel,,,,

That, plus $38 cash, which was all that I had in my wallet for fees ( and I negotiated that down from a much larger sum that they'd wanted cash for ) , plus a torrential thunderstorm, let me get on my way.

I didn't need to be told twice before I got back in the truck and stepped on the "go" pedal.

Trevor; Lets not just gloss over this blonde women. LOL. I still saved a bunch of money though on the Atmos. I got the heck out of customs fast too, Randy

Thanks for all the responses. I was just wondering if Atmos or EKO began issuing "territories" for their products as other manufacturers do. I may wait a few weeks and try again. May have got a newbie sales rep - you never know.

The only factory authorized Atmos dealer in the USA that I am aware of is Pauls Mechanical contracting in Alaska. Atmos does not realize that Alaska is in the US & they will tell you they have no one here. What is interesting is that everybody else sells European electrics Atmos, Paul says he can get a standard 110 volt 60 hz boiler. Are you leaning toward a EKO or Atmos? Randy

I don't have a preference for one over the other right now. An Atmos 40 was price comparable to the EKO 25. Everyone seems to be happy with their atmos but I like the heft of the EKO. Either one would be nice.

Unfortunately, in this region of the country (Missouri), we are surrounded by smoky, outdoor water boilers with Hardy and Central Boiler manufacturing not too far away. In fact, I had never even heard of gasifiers until searching for outdoor wood boilers. Only saw video demonstrations of them on the 'net.

It seems that they are really popular in Europe where energy and wood is at a premium....... Where I live, wood is basically free if you choose to go cut it ( minus cost of truck, saw, labor...lol)

Hi Hdivr; No more USA shipping for boilers or parts from Kotly. I was also directed to Connecticut Green Heat. This had to be a hassle with fumigating etc. Rich can help you at CGH. Paul in Alaska is pretty far away to ship a boiler, he can have it dropped shipped though. There is quite a difference in weight between an EKO & Atmos & I believe the EKO has fire tubes. I was concerned about smoke smell in my basement & maybe EKO has this handled by now. I don't know of any issues with the Atmos except you need to monitor flue gas temps, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.