Kozi 120 Shop Heater - two questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtGriffith

Oct 27, 2014
Berkeley Springs, WV
I posted this as a reply in one of the threads, but realized it's pretty much a topic as well.

I just picked up a Kozi 120 for our new old house in WV. About two weeks in – it's been a little finicky settling in, but pretty toasty when it gets running. But still in "shakedown" mode... one fun time was that the chimney sweeps (due diligence) disassembled the vent piping and did a s**t job putting it back together, smoking us out. I've had to tear it all down and re-install the piping, and re-seal all the fecking joints, including having the hardware store un-jam a section of adjustable dura-vent piping... learning experience, apparently.

Have two for you folks.

1. Have had a few "Stove will not feed pellets" shutdowns, and would from time to time, like to clear the auger feed tube and vacuum out fines and sawdust. But best I can figure out, is I'd have to empty the hopper down to what's left in the feed tube, but then run the stove till the feed tube was empties out. Seems wasteful. Can the auger be run without starting the full start-up sequence?

2. Directions say we need to periodically remove the heat shields - sides, top, and back and clean behind them. But the latch for the door is WELDED on, blocking the removal of the left heat shield once unbolted. Which means the rear shield can't be removed either, unless you can get out the left and right shields FIRST. Apparently the latch was welded on or the front of the stove housing put on AFTER the combustion chamber was assembled. Seems like a rather thoughtless design flaw. Or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.