Kozi pellet stove - which direction does the auger turn - looking in from back of stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

The auger motor for a Kozi 100 pellet stove is 1 RPM but which way does it turn?

Standing in the back of the stove, looking at the motor, many stoves turn counter clockwise while Breckwell and Englander turn clockwise.

Which direction does the Kozi auger motor turn?

thinking CCW but dont hold me to it , been many years since i had hands on a kozi

That is my best guess also. Waiting for some one to verify.

It is a propeller on the back. I noticed that most (not all) of the newer auger motors do not have the propeller. Do you think they help with cooling?

Those propellers are there to provide the air over cooling that allows that auger motor to be rated for continuous duty.

also depends on environment, in a sealed up compartment usually a prop is there to move some air around the motor so that it doesnt overheat. in an "open" environment it wouldnt be as necessary as air movement would not be as restricted so ambient temps wouldnt be as high

also depends on environment, in a sealed up compartment usually a prop is there to move some air around the motor so that it doesnt overheat. in an "open" environment it wouldnt be as necessary as air movement would not be as restricted so ambient temps wouldnt be as high

That make sense, in a pellet stove, the back is vented as air moves thru it to be heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.