KSH 120

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteram

Jan 28, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi all...
Ive got a Kozi KSH 120. been through half dozen combustion motors over last 8 years.

Stove is burning lazy. all new gaskets and foil taped motor housing seams as to ensure no air leaks.

In the 8 years I have run this stove (24/7), I've never had the convection blower out. That being said, if it is dirty or getting weak, would it adversely effect the Combustion?

It has been oiled annually and I generally burn 4 ton a year.

or.....Is there an upgraded combustion motor or impeller that can be used. The stock is 3000rpm...wondering if any benefit to bumping up to 3500 or so???

Thoughts fellas?

Thanks in advance!

-Rich

Welcome to the forum:) Sounds like a lot of exhaust fans ... Do you remove it after every ton to clean blades (& replace gasket as needed)? Blow out motor windings with compressed air to evict the dust bunnies? These might help you extend the life of the exhaust blower.

As to the convection fan, should give it a good cleaning including motor windings. It may not directly effect the combustion but will slow down heat transfer through the exchanger and could lead to high temp limit disc shutting stove down.

As to change in RPM, I'll leave that for the folks that repair and/or tinker...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.