Kuma sequoia questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah, its a Central boiler 500K btu. I still had to supplement with a little bit of gas during the coldest days last winter. We'll see how much the Sequoia helps!

Yeah, its a Central boiler 500K btu. I still had to supplement with a little bit of gas during the coldest days last winter. We'll see how much the Sequoia helps!
I have a similar climate to you. The most wood we’ve ever burned using 2 and sometimes 3 stoves is 3 cords. Drafty homes over 2,000’. Currently 3,150’ of partly insulated house. Used 2.5 cords last year with 2 stoves. Those OWBs are wood hogs!

Your wood consumption will go down drastically with the sequoia. I heat almost entirely with wood and burn through 5 maybe 6 cords. That's heating 4000 sq feet at 75 plus degrees.

Looking forward to getting it in. Temps will be in the 80's here for quite a stretch and we are heading to the US V.I. in a few weeks so It wont get any action until November. Havent made up mind yet but I may just use the Sequoia exclusively (no boiler) and make up the rest in natural gas. The boiler is nice for even heat throughout the house but getting out there to feed it becomes cumbersome. I knew it would be a chore heating 8500+ sq ft when we moved in here. Im just trying to find a happy medium. Ill try to update throughout the season in the thread I started earlier this week.

I'll try and answer any question you have, but happy burning. It has been in the 80's here but cooler weather is supposed to move in the next couple of days.