Lack of secondaries in castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I mention how dry my wood is.....?

Well, when I go out to get the paper in the morning and it is raining, holding a split over my head will usually change the local weather patterns...

Without going into <ahem> greater detail, let's just say my wife has found a cure for that excess water retention issue she's been struggling with.

Ploughboy,
Are you sure your wood is dry? This is the first I've read of this.
You could be right about the 14' I thought it was 15'. I'll dig out the manual and check it out; not that it matters, I'm already 7' above the roof line so I gotta make it work as is.
Before I bought the wood stove I would be loving this warm weather, now I see it as costing me money because i have to push the T-stat up and leave the stove cold.
Jim

rijim said:
Having the same issue, when I got home tonight I took all inside pipe down, cleaned it and class A chimney. It wasn't that bad, gotta be the outside temps; I'm at the min. chimney height, just short of 16'.

Jim

I have 16' of chimney, and the draft is great. after cleaning the entire stove out yesterday, its been smooth sailing. It got to abalmy 45 deg today, and the house has retained its heat from last night. The castine and perhaps other stoves like the dog house nice and tidy. I tried the love tunnel thing and it worked marvelously.

Ploughboy- I wanted to split wood today, but my yard is a mud pit from all the snow melting and the rain we had yesterday. Do you think you can ups me some of your wood to sop up my yard. I think 2 splits/ acre should do it. :lol:

Edit: since reading a previous post about creating a channel from the dog house back, or love tunnel, I have been getting secondaries within minutes, now thats efficient! This is with stove top temps at 250f to 375 w/ ir meter.

Backwoods, I really would like to ship you some of my wood, but the last time I tried that Fed Ex loaded it on the plane next to a shipment of live lobsters and, well, you know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.