LaCretes (or other CA softwoods) in Central Maine - better price than $299?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
Hi all,

I called Rocky's this morning and was quoted $299/ton for LaCretes.

Anyone know of a better price for LaCretes or other Canadian Softwood in Central Maine?

Nothing much - Homestead's & Pacifics.

Anyone know of any "super premiums" in the area? and does "super premium" actually make a difference?

movemaine said:
Nothing much - Homestead's & Pacifics.

Anyone know of any "super premiums" in the area? and does "super premium" actually make a difference?

They also have LGs which is a Canadian super premium softwood.

Well I looked at SIB's site and they are selling the Lacrete's for $289/ton - so $299, close to home isn't such a bad price.

mepellet said:
movemaine said:
Well I looked at SIB's site and they are selling the Lacrete's for $289/ton - so $299, close to home isn't such a bad price.

$289 is delivered I believe. Certainly better than $299 picked up.

Right Rocky's is delivering for a total price of $324 -

However, on SIB's site is says:
$289 Per Ton or $373 for a 65 Pack / Picked up or Delivered
$6.00 Per Bag

Which to me reads, the price is $289 but the delivery charge is $6.00/bag (which can't be right).

movemaine said:
mepellet said:
movemaine said:

$6.00 Per Bag

Which to me reads, the price is $289 but the delivery charge is $6.00/bag (which can't be right).

The 6.00 a bag is if you go there and want to just buy a few bags.

movemaine said:
mepellet said:
movemaine said:

$6.00 Per Bag

From what I have heard that price is for delivery or pickup. or $6 a bag if you wanted to pickup a few bags to tryout. Give them a call. Let us know what you find out.

mepellet said:
movemaine said:
mepellet said:
movemaine said:

$6.00 Per Bag

From what I have heard that price is for delivery or pickup. or $6 a bag if you wanted to pickup a few bags to tryout. Give them a call. Let us know what you find out.

Well, looks like I might be buying from SIB's from now on. $289 delivered to Augusta from Jay (50 miles).
I live less than 10 miles from Rocky's and they are charging a $25 delivery fee.

bugize said:
Springbrook in waterville sells Spruce pointes for 314$ for a 1.2 ton pallet

delivered? and I haven't heard of Spruce Pointes - any background info?

You guys got me drooling over these Lacrete’s. Anyone know where some could be had in NW. CT. ? I just got to try them now! ;-P

j-takeman said:
You guys got me drooling over these Lacrete’s. Anyone know where some could be had in NW. CT. ? I just got to try them now! ;-P

I'm going to post a full review of LaCretes shortly (in comparison to Cubex), but I like them much much more.

For me:

they burn much cleaner
burn hotter
are more efficient (slower burn rate? - I'm using less than I was with my Cubex)
the ash is finer (not dense like Cubex was - I'd get solid chunks of ash with the Cubex)
the bags have some sawdust, which the Cubex did not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.