Lange 6303 broken handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not that I am aware of. It it's just the swinging handle latch maybe a machine shop or welder could make one, if it's the door casting too that could be difficult. Some can weld cast but it's hard to do. There is a foundry in PA that can make new parts from cast iron but I have no idea what they charge. Cattail foundry in Lancaster area maybe.

It probably was cast originally but if it were mine I would weld up a steel replacement. It doesn't have to look the same as the old so long as it holds the door tight.

Very good idea. Yes, it was cast and I was amazed it broke, but I guess cast is brittle when hot. I should have waited until it cooled off. But the door was hot when I lifted it up to tighten one of the vents, and it slipped out of my hands and fell about 8" onto flagstone. Thanks for the great idea to have one made of steel.