1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. 04HemiRam2500

04HemiRam2500 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW PA
    I have had no luck with my epa englander 30 even after many hours of help form Mike who has been very very helpful with my situation.

I am now looking for a non epa stove a new one. I need something that is jsut as large or close to the englander 30 in size but is non epa.

I am not going to try another epa stove with different brand for fear of same results has just been a nightmare with this thing so far.

Let me know if anyone knows of a non epa stove that is this large.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    With so many large pre-EPA chokers available used on craigslist it makes no sense to go looking for a new one.
  3. 04HemiRam2500

Loc:
    SW PA
    Hey BB have any in mind that are as big as the 30? Its either I find one or I am getting the englander furnace.

Let me know of a brand and name thanks.

I was prefering new that way I know it wasnt abused.
  4. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    No offense intented, but EPA stoves are heating lots of homes...the fact that it's an EPA stove is not your problem.
  5. 04HemiRam2500

Loc:
    SW PA
    What about the vogelzang mountaineer does not have as big a firebox not sure the size but it boast more btus than the englander30.
  6. arbutus

arbutus Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Michigan UP
    We had a terrible time with a non airtight stove, even though it had almost a 7 cubic foot firebox.

My relatives have a Garrison, and I have seen a large Fisher, both work well.

What specific problems are you having?