large outdoor chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend is building an outdoor fireplace on a large patio. There is a roof over the patio. She has looked for a large 'chimney' to hang over the firepit and go through the roof, but can't find one. The firepit is about 6-7 feet wide. Where can she look to find one- the contractor seems to think she doesn't need one, but there would be soot/smoke on the 'lower' side of the roof.... Thanks

I think some pictures of this location and what is there now would be helpful.

pen

Something like this?

productimage-picture-696-commercial-range-hood-264_jpg_275x250_pad_q85.jpg

I would be concerned with the distance of the structure's ceiling to the firepit. For something like this I'd probably have a custom hood + vent pipe built. But what clearances to you use for the pipe to combustibles?

Status
Not open for further replies.