1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

LCD over pellet insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ken3698, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken3698

ken3698 Member

Loc:
    Western NY
    I'm about to purchase a pellet stove insert that will be placed where my gas insert was. I have a question about our current LCD TV that is above the mantel. Will the pellet insert be to Hot for the TV? Our current gas model basically puts off no heat, thats why were getting rid of it.

Thanks
    Ken

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Pellet stoves tend to blow hot air out and are often not very hot above on the wall. Is there a mantel between the stove and the LCD screen? If yes, that will act as an additional heat shield.
  3. ken3698

ken3698 Member

Loc:
    Western NY
    Yes, The mantel sticks out about 6 inches. Also, the TV from what I fqure will be about 28 inches above the pellet insert.

Thanks
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I suspect you'll be fine, but for safety sake, put a room thermometer up on the mantle with the stove running. It should read at or only slightly above room temp. If it's reading 15-20 degrees hotter, then it may be an issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.