Q&A Le Marquis Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am looking for info on a Le marquis Wood stove from Brussels Belgium. It was in a house I purchased in NY some years ago and I am now building another house in Florida and would like to install it there, I do not have info on clearances etc recommended by the manufacturer, which may be needed for a permit in Florida.

Answer:

Made by a company called Surdiac which was then purchased by Jotul. The company made mostly coal stoves, and is now out of business, so it will be difficult to find much information. The stove had a sheet metal shroud around it, so the side clearances are probably closer than the usual 36". Sorry I cannot help you more.You might check with a testing lab called "Arnold Greene" in Mass. - as I recall, they tested the stove, so they may have something in the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.