1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    Can some one send me the link to the tread on how to use a leaf blower to deep clean your stove, seems like a lot of people do it. I did a search and keep running into dead ends.
    Thanks,
    Denny

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DneprDave

DneprDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western WA
    It's easy, just put the suck side of your leaf blower over the "out" side of your stove's chimney and turn on the leaf blower, when soot stops coming out, turn off the leaf blower!;lol

Dave
  3. nksdad2007

nksdad2007 Member

Loc:
    Central, Maine
  4. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    It might be a good idea to disconnect the hose to the vacuum switch to prevent damage to it. I open the door on mine to get the maximum airflow, otherwise the OAK would probably restrict the flow somewhat.
    The stove and pipe should be cleaned first. The purpose of the LBT is to get ash out that you can't reach, not to do all the cleaning.
  5. Dgopetactical

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    That's what I needed to know, thanks a bunch
    Denny
  6. BadDad320

BadDad320 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW New Jersey
    My stove was burning poorly the other day.... Did the leaf blower clean out and she's running like new...... Love the leaf blower trick...
    pourlepayssauvage likes this.
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Just a reminder to all first-time LBT users, the stove and exhaust should be COMPLETELY cleaned BEFORE using the LBT.....it's really meant to get all the left-over ash that's hiding where you can't reach. Do not think that using it by itself is the answer.

Carry on.......
  8. Dgopetactical

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    Did the leaf blower thing today, I only have backpack blowers no handhelds. I found an old bouncy house blower in my shop that would put any leaf blower to shame, a little bit of engineering and it worked great. My stove started burning real dirty the other day and the flame was lazy. Now it runs great again.