Left over Turkey for breakfast, a cold beer . . . and a hot stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Even though it is 9AM here, the house is still asleep and I just enjoyed some leftover turkey, stuffing and a cold beer in front of my stove. My feet are toasty and my belly is full. The perfect morning after . . . and Madame Defarge turned out a first class bird! Now that the turkey has been eaten it is time to say Merry Christmas . . . and thanks for all the great advice, information and help I have received here.

Getting a stove was one of the best decisions I have ever made, not least of all because of all the new pellet friends I have made here.

A cold beer at 9am. you would make a good fit over here in Wisconsin.

smoke show said:

Well, I was up at 4am so by 9 I was ready! And Wisconsin is way too cold for me. Was in Madison on business for a week one January in the 80's. brrrrrr........

I like your thinking!

it simply doesn't get any better than that!

RKS130 said:
smoke show said:

Well, I was up at 4am so by 9 I was ready! And Wisconsin is way too cold for me. Was in Madison on business for a week one January in the 80's. brrrrrr........

Its hunting season over here, gotta stay warm and hydrated...

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 404
That is the best post of the entire YEAR!!! The only thing missing is a 20 year old Swedish babe in fewer clothes! Then we'd see how steady you can hold that gun..... The 7mm one!!!

tjnamtiw said:
That is the best post of the entire YEAR!!! The only thing missing is a 20 year old Swedish babe in fewer clothes! Then we'd see how steady you can hold that gun..... The 7mm one!!!

I agree with that!

tjnamtiw said:

:lol:

I waited all day(doing honey do list items) to have my leftover turkey samwiches! Along with a few long trails and I aint gonna finish the list today. hehe :) "hick"

Well I can't have leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. So I had to settle for other leftovers, including my choice of three different pies.

However, I did get some nice freshly cooked turkey today and there is more of it still cooking for pulled BBQ turkey.

Nothing like taking advantage of the low turkey prices. Fresh turkeys dated use or freeze by today were available for 28 cents/pound.

We cut up and ground some fresh turkey for the freezer, the remains of two carcasses got boiled down and most of one of the turkeys is slow cooking at this moment.

Perhaps later I'll have a sandwich with a nice mug of Irish Stout.

On my list for today was get shear pins, clean the stove, and help with the turkeys. All jobs done.

You got my attention at 'Irish Stout', my fearless brewmaster! :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Nothing like taking advantage of the low turkey prices. Fresh turkeys dated use or freeze by today were available for 28 cents/pound.
good find Smokey. Don't you just love a bargain! but I must admit, that even a free turkey wouldn't get me into cooking more turkey. I am still cleaning up after this one and the 18 guest who came and went last evening. My wife reminds me "how much it was all worth it". In a couple days, I may regain my senses, but then it will be that familiar, "day late and dollar short!"

save$ said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
good find Smokey. Don't you just love a bargain! but I must admit, that even a free turkey wouldn't get me into cooking more turkey. I am still cleaning up after this one and the 18 guest who came and went last evening. My wife reminds me "how much it was all worth it". In a couple days, I may regain my senses, but then it will be that familiar, "day late and dollar short!"

Well we didn't cook a turkey for Thanksgiving and our method today didn't involve the oven, just the stove top and the slow cooker, so no big production.

We had a roast. There were only 6 of us. Likely come Christmas there may be turkey in the oven and 8 of us. The large family gatherings now take place outside of the holidays. It just got to be too much so things got simplified.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Well I can't have leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. So I had to settle for other leftovers, including my choice of three different pies.

However, I did get some nice freshly cooked turkey today and there is more of it still cooking for pulled BBQ turkey.

We cut up and ground some fresh turkey for the freezer, the remains of two carcasses got boiled down and most of one of the turkeys is slow cooking at this moment.

Perhaps later I'll have a sandwich with a nice mug of Irish Stout.

On my list for today was get shear pins, clean the stove, and help with the turkeys. All jobs done.

Pulled BBQ Turkey sounds good!!! Might have to try that in the smoker!!

Shear pins....I don't even want to think about snow!!

Quiet house at 9AM? I have 5 grandkids here, quiet time ends at 7 AM. I'll have some bourbon this evening when they are busy playing games.

SmokeyTheBear said:

Too funny -- we did the same thing. Turkey will be in oven soon, and side dishes are on the way.

Prices on all things Thanksgiving are so low on Friday, it's hard to resist.

Well, I did the thukey thing but I was out of beer! Sounds like you had the right idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.