Length of Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

I am going to have my Chimney Relined with SS Liner for my Harman Accentra Insert. (Because the Dealer recommended 5ft of flex direct doesnt work on big chimneys.) I see Harman specifies a Maximum 30 Lineal FT vertical. From where my stove is situated, I am looking at around 26-27ft, maybe 28 with the cap.
Has anyone pushed this to the limit without any issues.

camdids said:
I am going to have my Chimney Relined with SS Liner for my Harman Accentra Insert. (Because the Dealer recommended 5ft of flex direct doesnt work on big chimneys.) I see Harman specifies a Maximum 30 Lineal FT vertical. From where my stove is situated, I am looking at around 26-27ft, maybe 28 with the cap.
Has anyone pushed this to the limit without any issues.

I would use a 4" diameter.

Eric

Never considered any other size. Just wondering with being so close to Harmans maximum legth, if anyone had had any issues with that length.

I have 25' of Forever Flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.