Lennox Grandview 300 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurts nothing to give it a try. Just be sure to remember to open the flue damper before you open the stove door or you will get a face full of smoke.
e7a6uta6.jpg

This is that paint I was talking about.

It's inside the door seal. Gets hot in there. It better be getting hot in there.

Grandview

I have a grandview 300 in my cabin. I also have about 26 feet of chimney up the inside of the house. I have not noticed the fins glowing or burnt paint by door. I'll be going up tomorrow will take a closer look. I'll check with my dealer too, I know he has sold a lot of 230's but I have the first 300, I'm not sure if the 230 has the fins but will take a look. I just have one of them cheapy magnetic thermometers that I stuck on the stove above the left corner of the door, seems too read around 350 to 450. I haven't been able to get close too 500, I have no faith in it reading accurately guess I'll try and get a inferred one before I go up and get some better readings.

What kind of burn times are you getting?

Grandview

I have a grandview 300 in my cabin. I also have about 26 feet of chimney up the inside of the house. I have not noticed the fins glowing or burnt paint by door. I'll be going up tomorrow will take a closer look. I'll check with my dealer too, I know he has sold a lot of 230's but I have the first 300, I'm not sure if the 230 has the fins but will take a look. I just have one of them cheapy magnetic thermometers that I stuck on the stove above the left corner of the door, seems too read around 350 to 450. I haven't been able to get close too 500, I have no faith in it reading accurately guess I'll try and get a inferred one before I go up and get some better readings.

What kind of burn times are you getting?

That would be great if maybe you get get some of my questions answered for me because like I have said my dealer hasn't been much help.
I did get one of those IR guns yesterday and between that and the magnetic thermo on the top of the stove is anywhere from 100-150 degrees hotter, so I done another test I put the thermo in the oven at 400 and it was reading 725!
And when you say you haven't seen the glowing fins are you looking at the ones underneath the top on the lower step?
For burn times I have seen high as 12-13 hours and with it blowing (when i have seen the glowing fins) I get around 9-10, by this I don't meant a fire going but go and spread the coals around open it up and close the door and away she goes!

Do you have a blower ?

Yes I have the blower

Sorry I'm not going to make it to cabin this week plans changed due to a sick cat needs to get to the vet.

When you get that long of burn time where do you have the air set?

Yes I have the blower

Sorry I'm not going to make it to cabin this week plans changed due to a sick cat needs to get to the vet.

When you get that long of burn time where do you have the air set?

Ok, just let me know what your dealer says when you get ye chance.
And about 85% of the time my air is set to the lowest it will go.

So your air control is completely closed? I usually am 1 or 2 notches open. But my cabin is not insulated yet so trying to get as much heat as I can.

So your air control is completely closed? I usually am 1 or 2 notches open. But my cabin is not insulated yet so trying to get as much heat as I can.

Completely, if I left mine open that much the whole stove would be glowing not just the fins.
My air control don't seen like it has to much effect until its over the half way point to being closed.

Completely, if I left mine open that much the whole stove would be glowing not just the fins.
My air control don't seen like it has to much effect until its over the half way point to being closed.

Hi, I just learned of this stove yesterday and like the construction details of it. Have you been getting good heat and burn times from the stove during this cold winter? Thanks
Hey everyone new to the forum, I just have a few questions to see if anyone can help me out.
I have a Lennox grandview 300 new to me this burning season and have burning it for about a month now, most of you on the forum say that 700-750 stove top temps is normal burning in my manual it says once you reach 500 close the damper all the way as you are operating your appliance at too high of temperature, But if I do that won't that cause the stove temp to get a lot hotter because your keeping the heat in the stove and not let it go up the pipe? I have a prob flue temp gage and a stove top one and I have never seen my flue over 850 but have seen my stove top at 700 with the damper all the way closed so my question is is it over firing? And is this normal for the paint to be coming off the air wash baffle already?

Yes great heat output, and burn times average around 12hrs depending on the the wind.
Have you become comfortable with the stove that you feel you can load it and leave for the rest of the day without worry that it will go nuclear. If you've had a different stove before.....how does the heat output of this stove compare? Do you think those fins are really helping this stove transfer more heat to the room. I'm curious because although my Drolet escape stove works very well, the firebox is to small for effective overnight burns here when the temps dive below 0 degrees F for extended periods of time and there is a Lennox dealer in the town close to me. Can I ask you what you paid for the stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.