Lennox Montecito Air Tube Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TmbrCrk

Feb 19, 2012
Da U.P. of Michigan
I am stumped on this one. I am trying to give my Montecito a good cleaning and I can't for the life of me figure out how the air tubes are held in. There is one plate on the left side with 2 screws in it and is referred to as "air tube lock" in the parts diagram. I don't want to take it apart if I don't know what it does. Has anybody taken one of these apart? I also broke the top baffle while trying to vacuum it out. So apparently that is super $$$ and I need to order one. Any help,would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Neil.

I'm not sure if the Montecito Estate is the same, it has a catalyst + tubes, but here are the instructions for that fireplace.

SECONDARY AIR TUBE REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Remove the two ceramic baffles, gently pulling them forward and down.

2. To remove the burn tubes first remove the bracket which position and secures the tubes in place. This is done be removing the (2) screws (see Figure 8) which hold this bracket in place (upper left side, inside the firebox).

3. Once the bracket is removed, each tube may be removed by sliding it to the left and
dropping the right, and the sliding the tube to the right.

4. Re-installation is in reverse order.

For baffle removal:

Top Baffle Removal Prior to Cleaning The Chimney

Before starting to clean your chimney, we recommend that you remove the top baffle to avoid creosote dust collection at the top of the baffle. Follow these steps to set the top baffle out of the way:

1. Remove the side refractory holder. They are located at the top of the refractory.

2. Lift the front baffle.

3. Slide the back baffle under the front baffle.

You now have access to the chimney.
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.30.27 PM.png

Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot tonight. I was thinking that bracket had to come out but wasn't sure. I ended up breaking one of the baffles while sliding it under the other one, I'm waiting on a price quote from a dealer to see how much it will be to replace it.

Neil.