Lennox Montecito Estate Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuhar

May 5, 2011
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hello, I have a brand new Montecito Estate. I have made a few starter fires (3-4 logs - 1-2 hour burn). The blower has not come on yet. Is it heat activated? Does it need a really big fire to start or could it be broken? Receptacle is working so that is not the problem.

Page 12 of the operation/installation manual:

Fireplace Blower
The fireplace comes equipped with a heat activated blower. It is located
in the bottom of the fireplace, towards the back.

http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com...rth_Montecito_Estate_Installation_850038M.pdf

A 1-2 hour burn with 3-4 logs should've kicked it off. They are usually 'snap-disk' activated, with the disc attached to the bottom of the unit. Perhaps it got dislodged.

Gabe

I have a blower on the smaller version and it takes maybe 30-45 min to kick on, depending on how I'm burning. It's a snapstat on the bottom of the firebox, which takes longer to heat up due to the firebrick at the bottom. Until I get a decent bed of coals it won't light off. I find, also, that until the air is shut down maybe 50%, too much heat is going up the chimney to start the blower. The positive side is that it stays on long after flames have died out, drawing the heat stored in the mass of the unit and being produced by the coals.

OK, it came on last night with a larger burn, my question is how much should you feel the blowing? It just seems to be humming...I feel heat radiating from the top but its not actually blowing out like a fan...but maybe its not supposed to?

thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.