Let's put some faces to the personalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Al

Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
A few years back I was a regualr on Dodge Charger.com. Same type of forum, different topic. The beauty part was that in the summer you could meet up with other forum members if you attended the regional car shows. Talk, hang out, check out each other's rides. I see no such opportunity for us in the Hearth.com community. So, following hot on the heals of the widely popular "Who's your daddy and what does he do?" thread, I mean, "who are you, where are you from...." here's an idea. Post a picture of your smiling mug for all your "wood stove friends" to see. Unless, of course you're afrad that your dirty little secret (Hearth.com addiction) will be made public. Aren't you the least bit curious...is Browningbar really a very intelligent collie who can not only read and type but operate 3 stoves. Is -Katleen- really a super hot ski bunny masquerading as a chicken this year. Is BB really a cartoon character from a tool catalog? Soupy and Backwoods you're exempt. But the rest of you...post up...if you dare.

I'll be the first to reveal my true identity.

Al

Attachments

• I love u girl friend.jpg
    I love u girl friend.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,207
  • Yahoo pic.jpg
    Yahoo pic.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3,137
Mine is in every Post Office in the country.

Warm in RI said:
Unless, of course you're afrad that your dirty little secret (Hearth.com addiction) will be made public.

Yes.

Jags said:
Yeah right, like any of us are gonna post up after those two GQ shots. :lol:

C'mon. Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.... :lol:

Excellent Adios! And nobody said anything about serious. This is SUPPOSED to be fun : )

This first photo is entitled, "Why I Got Rid of the Pellet Stove". My wife and I posed for the second photo several years ago...

Attachments

• DSCF0187.jpg
    DSCF0187.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,683
  • lard.jpg
    lard.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,514
Much like your regional car shows and Charger.com, I belong to several fishing sites that have get togethers "rodeo's" where people camp and fish. It's a great time. It's good to put a face and shake the hand of guys you've been on the forum with.

I was thinking for hearth.com, it would be interesting to have a get together to do some cutting and splitting. I know there's a ton of guys in Northern NJ, pocono's, and Hudson area of NY. If I had the means, I would set a date, order a graple load and have everyone over to cut and split a load to take home a bed full of splits and we'd cook out. Guys could show off their saws, splitters, and fiskars. Something like this would be fun, maybe when the weather is better. Kind of a Hearth.com rodeo. Since I am fairly new around here - I wonder if this has been done before ?

Anyway, this is me. All my pictures seem to have fish in them.

Attachments

• trout7.jpg
    trout7.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,671
DanCorcoran said:
This photo is entitled, "Why I Got Rid of the Pellet Stove".

Did the dang thing blow up on ya?

I change my face so often......lemme look for a good one to post.....or, you could imagine that I look like John Lennon, with different glasses on.

Nah, but I had to disconnect it from the flue and pull it out to vacuum from the back. It was a mess, with soot everywhere.

My wife's convinced we took years off of our lives breathing that fine soot that seemed to go everywhere when we cleaned the pellet basket, the glass, etc. The woodstove is surgically clean in comparison.

basswidow said:
Much like your regional car shows and Charger.com, I belong to several fishing sites that have get togethers "rodeo's" where people camp and fish. It's a great time. It's good to put a face and shake the hand of guys you've been on the forum with.

I was thinking for hearth.com, it would be interesting to have a get together to do some cutting and splitting. I know there's a ton of guys in Northern NJ, pocono's, and Hudson area of NY. If I had the means, I would set a date, order a graple load and have everyone over to cut and split a load to take home a bed full of splits and we'd cook out. Guys could show off their saws, splitters, and fiskars. Something like this would be fun, maybe when the weather is better. Kind of a Hearth.com rodeo. Since I am fairly new around here - I wonder if this has been done before ?

Nice trout!!! I'd drive the five hours to hang with Hearth.com folks. I haven't been around long enough to know if anything like that's ever happend either.

Keep 'em coming folks!!

Is that a trout? The skin looks like it but the face is different.

Warm in RI said:
Is that a trout? The skin looks like it but the face is different.

Yes, North Branch of the Potomac River - brown trout.

I like all the photos with ash on the face! these are funny.

Me and mini-me.

Attachments

• Trout Family pics 474.jpg
    Trout Family pics 474.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,613
basswidow said:

Man thats a beautiful brown

Franks said:
Man thats a beautiful brown

Thanks, released him to swim and be caught another day. My brother and I did a float that day. I caught about 5 browns and maybe 50+ rainbows. It was incredible. My wife says I have more pictures of fish and wood then my own family....... ah, she's got me there.

basswidow said:

I was thinking for hearth.com, it would be interesting to have a get together to do some cutting and splitting. I know there's a ton of guys in Northern NJ, pocono's, and Hudson area of NY..

Who pays when someone gets hurt?
:cheese:

Actually, there is a little history of some very small Hearth.com meetups......buy, hey, anything more than one is an official party......

I always thought that a neat meetup would be at the Vermont Casting foundry for a tour........they previously offered that as something they were open to.

The only real semi-official get together was a fried turkey meeting at Gooses house - not so well attended, probably because in mid-summer everyone usually has something better to do.
We've also had some small meetups at various equipment shows - which are also located in the right places.....usually the ones put on by Northern Logger.
http://nefpexpo.net/
(not exactly close by this year - it's been in VT and elsewhere).

A few of us met at the Woodstock Soapstone plant in Sept of this year - they had a little party there. That is on the VT/NH border.

One persons backyard, it seems, is 8 hours away from anothers!

Status
Not open for further replies.