Long over due East met west

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Today I decided to meet up with two Hearth members from Western MA. At times we are on opposite sides of the discussion. All of us are very independent and strong willed.

Not the best formular for for bridging friendships and getting a word in edge wise.

First of all that cartoon character of Hearth.com dicpiction, webwidow does her no justice. She was far more attractive Than I imagined. She broght out points. that I agree with, to help the female members. She mentioned her interpetation of how us male members sometimes loose site of our female members and that we should keep that in mind, when we make wise cracks.
She follows the forum and its members a lot more than indicated by her post. Either that she is checking up what Craig is up to. BB you are one of her favorite posters.

I wish we had more time but,I enjoyed every moment with Craig and webwidow. Craig has an instrument room most would die for. I now know why the shop addition had to be.
Shears, bending brakes, tack welder, Elertro magnetic bending brake, and the list goes on. He explained the extenda flue setup, how it attaches.to existing clay flues. I had never seen anything like it before I can tell you a lot of thought went into them, and the adjustibility to field installations amazes me.
As I looked around his addition workshop it blends into the existing home like it was original. I know he is not finished but even the interior dry wall joint compound is very good for a person not being a pro. Compliments do not flow easilly from me, they are earned. His miter on the window finish perfect. . In the cornor is the pellet / corn stove producing reasonable heat in an addition that has a concrete slab. More on the stove I'll defere to Craig. Like I said, I wish I had more time. Thanks Craig and webwidow for making my day. What a beatifull location. The front of the home has a view of MT Tom. Btw My dogs imediately smelled your dog's seant and knew I was patting some other dog.

I made a prior stop to look at Harman stoves. I was looking at the Harman oak wood and was going to play it all out. I had great plans, that I was not even going to identify myself. I could not follow through. I must say Harry started a very professional approach, trying to qualify and match the stove to me, the buyer, to my expectations and setup.

Back track a bit.
I enter the front door and the first thing I see ,is two Harman pellet stoves in full opperation. There is quite a comprehensive display of stove parts, gaskets, paint, vent pipe, and right up front. super cedar starters. Just about everything one could ask for in wood coal and pellet stove supplies. I then noticed a sign directing me to the second floor stove displays.
My occupation is that of a Carpenter, so naturally I was taking in the entire setup, lumberyard ,hardware store the total setup. Everything is placed in logical order and vbisibably displayed.
I think the hardware selection was about as good as it gets for the space at hand.

I first talk to the lady at the counter and ask about stoves very friendly and I asked for Harry. Harry Who? But I knew to whom I wanted to speak. He was busy attending to another customer, one of their regulars. We were in the Upstairs display discussing the Oakwood and its rear exit. He grabs a tape to measure it. I had him going and let him off the hook, then identified myself. We chated about Harman pellets the industry and lumber yards. I spent more time than I really had, but it was too short. Harry runs or his familly runs, a first class opperation.
No doubt he knows the products he sells. He mentioned that last week he met forum member GVA. He told me inside Harman Info I can not post here. This is the first time I examined a Harman Oak wood stove. I will have little reservations recomending it to potential posters here. Excellent quality and Harry's pricing is better than Harman dealers in my area. Naturally forum members were discussed, And I type crappy. I really had Harry going because I looked older than he expected. Nothing I can do about that. I am what I am, and the 31 St I will have another birthbay. Harry thanks for the time and discussion I enjoyed evey minute.

I figured Ma members had to get together and form our own chapter As the Hudson Valley chapter is already established. Harley sorry I ran out of time

Ha, I guess you found out his real name is not Harry or Harryback, but I will not cease calling him that!

Yes, another of the 2007 resolutions is to have the Forum be as family friendly as possible. Certainly the guys always try to elbow the women off of the couch at the Superbowl parties, but here things are different. I have been well trained by my daughters and wife. Beside that, women make up a large percentage of stove purchasers and are - in general - more open to learning about how to do things right.

Lots in store for 2007 - I'm getting a hold of LOTS of old stove literature and manuals and posting them on the wiki. I finally found an original VC manual for the older stoves and got that up! Also found lots of upland stuff including the literature that I produced myself (on the 107). It features a picture taken in my store (front) and in my house (fireplace 107 on rear).

And yes, the Elk has landed into western Ma. - Hopefully he will be back and we can instill even more liberal ideas into his head.

Fun read. Wish I had more time to lollygag and explore the Berkshires, my favorite part of New England. Glad that the other half is getting more recognition. You boys be sure and put the toilet seat down when you leave.

BB webwidow like your picture you posted. You looked like either you were the CEO of IBM or running for political office

elkimmeg said:
Harley sorry I ran out of time

That's OK Elk... maybe next time you take the trip out this way, well have some good X-country skiing snow for you and the Mrs. There's some real nice areas around here for that. Glad you enjoyed the visit out this way.

Elk, you're b-day is the 31st? Mine is too. That's awesome you went to visit the Issod's and Harry. I too will make it down to visit a forum member someday (MSG).

elkimmeg said:
BB webwidow like your picture you posted. You looked like either you were the CEO of IBM or running for political office

I was actually working for politicians when that picture was made to go with a newspaper article about all the wonderful things I was doing for a local government.

The article later about them firing me didn't have a picture with it.

And yes, the Elk has landed into western Ma. - Hopefully he will be back and we can instill even more liberal ideas into his head.

Elk, don't go. Its a trick. They lure you in with shinny, bright things like pellet stoves and pretty pieces of bent tin, then whammo, they lock the doors and won't let you out till you shave your head and sign a bunch of papers. Run, run while you can. :bug:

Shane said:
Elk, you're b-day is the 31st? Mine is too. That's awesome you went to visit the Issod's and Harry. I too will make it down to visit a forum member someday (MSG).
Webwidow raises her hand from the rear of the room. Hey guys, my birthday is tomorrow on the 30th. Guess we were all tax deductions babies.

Jags said:

Elk, don't go. Its a trick. They lure you in with shinny, bright things like pellet stoves and pretty pieces of bent tin, then whammo, they lock the doors and won't let you out till you shave your head and sign a bunch of papers. Run, run while you can. :bug:

Just wave a donut in front of the Elkman and he will be yours.

The article later about them firing me didn't have a picture with it.[/quote]

i'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune BB, but that is some funny stuff:)

Webwidow said:
Jags said:

ha, ha ,ha
From his picture awhile ago, I thought it was pizza.

Oh, and a happy b-day to ya webwidow.

Webmaster said:
Yes, another of the 2007 resolutions is to have the Forum be as family friendly as possible. Certainly the guys always try to elbow the women off of the couch at the Superbowl parties, but here things are different. I have been well trained by my daughters and wife. Beside that, women make up a large percentage of stove purchasers and are - in general - more open to learning about how to do things right.

Maybe I am just blind to it but this is the most family friendly site I visit (football, fishing are others)

On the contrary it seems whenever a female member has a question the knights in shining armour do the best they can to get the issue/question answered as best they can.

They may be more willing to learn how to do things right but to actually do it............... runs and ducks for cover.

BTW
My wife grew up at the foot of Mount Tom.

Webmaster said:
OH, I agree it's pretty friendly, but I sometimes wonder - for instance - if women are OK with the avatar that shows a bunch of female butts in tight jeans, etc.

I'm OK if they are OK.

I guess Hogwilz avatar can classify as male cheesecake.

Hey Dean does your wife know you have been taking picture of her rear side?

HW thinks he is grizzly Abams but where is gentle Ben

Donut? what's you talking about. Apple turnover and cider that's all.

Elk, don’t go. Its a trick. They lure you in with shinny, bright things like pellet stoves and pretty pieces of bent tin, then whammo, they lock the doors and won’t let you out till you shave your head and sign a bunch of papers. Run, run while you can. big surprise

Don't worry, too much an independent to swallow all that liberal stuff .What you think, they run the Hotel Caflifornia?

Yea, had a nice chat with Elk for a few minutes....thank goodness he didnt ask about installs! :lol:

He's not nearly as mean as he sounds in here either! I think he could have been a Republican in an earlier life! ;-)

"I guess Hogwilz avatar can classify as male cheesecake."
Hog's avatar is fine by me : - )
Truth be known I was referring more of that Frank Ivy MCP talk back in the day. I was just chewing the fat (donut) with the Elkman, nothing personal y'al are a fine bunch of boys.

Webwidow said:
"I guess Hogwilz avatar can classify as male cheesecake."
Hog's avatar is fine by me : - )
Truth be known I was referring more of that Frank Ivy MCP talk back in the day. I was just chewing the fat (donut) with the Elkman, nothing personal y'al are a fine bunch of boys.

call us BOYS!? Thats like being carded when buying beer........ THANKS! :cheese: lol

call us BOYS!? Thats like being carded when buying beer........ THANKS! cheese lol

That explains it why she offered me cider. Webwidow, I did have my driver's licence to prove I'm of age?

Status
Not open for further replies.