lets see your 2014/2015 pellet stash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, no but after they collapse on you once or twice you learn to stack precisely ;) It doesn't take many bags of pellets to outweigh me so I have to keep them inline!

I have mine stacked in 4 square piles of 1.5 tons each using the same pattern they came off the pallet in.

332289_400x400.jpg

Reactions: dradam1
Boo! Ripping out my oil tank was so liberating, like kicking those greedy oil executives right in the nuts ::P

Oil is so cheap right now.
Pellets are so expensive right now.

It's the first year since 2007 (when i started pellet life) that i've seriously considered it.

I have 1 ton of chow in the house.
I'm expecting a 3 ton delivery of oakies at the end of the month/beg nov. If the price stays what I was quoted, I'll take delivery. If they go up like lowes has done, i'm really just not interested any more.

I have a couple electric 'fireplace' tv stands in the house as well that work pretty good for a small space heater and electric is still fairly reasonable (for a few more months before the 37% proposed increase comes in to play).

I've also been considering ripping out the pellet stove and tossing a wood burner in the fire place and picking up a couple cords, and next year getting a stand-alone pellet stove for my 2nd living room (6 stairs lower than my current pellet stove level (i have a split level home)) which is currently my weight room/music&band room (aka man cave) but is maintained by the oil furnace because it is below fire grade, so i burn oil any way.

But i'm also considering moving in the next couple years.... CT sucks. my gf hates is here too... so we're probably going to end up moving somewhere at some point, maybe west coast to get DF's for cheap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.