Lifetime crowning achievements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
1. Becoming a mother
2. Graduating college
3. Installing that 30!!

Stove is in. Breaking it in as we speak. Pictures will have to wait until I get the block of plate insulated and sealed. It looks so much better in that space than the 13, though the hearth extender is U-G-L-Y.

Santa's going to have to get me a new drill this year. Hope I've been good enough.

Carry on.

By the way. We won't be able to see the block off plate anyway.

Pics dammit !!!

Now that sounded like a warmer pfffft than the others.

Been a tough week for ya kiddo. Enjoy the heat.

Congrats K, glad to hear you're good to go on the 30. I keep trying to talk people into buying a big stove in the first place, but somehow they get talked into a size under. Winter comes, they get used to being warm and BAM, they need a bigger stove for longer burns and more heat! :p I'm trying to talk Smitty into an Equinox for his great room in his 2500 sq ft house. He seems to think a smaller stove will do in NH! Maybe you can convince him! :cheese:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/79521/P22/

Looking forward to pics of the new stove!

Congratulations Kathleen. That is a big brute. Good to hear that it is finally in there and baking the paint now. I raise the glass to you and your accomplishment.

I think you'll be very happy, great move.

pen

Glad it is in there. This has been the install from hell for her. And she has been nice enough to not blame me. ;-)

Burn on Kat. Ya made it before the bad stuff hits.

BrotherBart said:
Glad it is in there. This has been the install from hell for her. And she has been nice enough to not blame me. ;-)

Burn on Kat. Ya made it before the bad stuff hits.

Wait, if I get a 30 I can blame you for my troubles?! Sweet!

Totally buying a 30, now.

"The milk is bad? Damnit, Bart!"

Seriously, though, I'm glad it's in. It should be a big difference over the 13.

BrowningBAR said:

Hell no. If you ain't a brunette single mom you are on your own. My being an old lech has its limits.

BrotherBart said:
BrowningBAR said:

Hell no. If you ain't a brunette single mom you are on your own. My being an old lech has its limits.

I'm always screwed by the fine print...

I'm just glad there's someone left on the planet who is a fan of brunettes.

As for the boy, I just hope he doesn't harvest any childhood memories from this weekend. Lots of cursing. Some sobbing.

"Hope I’ve been good enough."
Uh, good enough to get that big ol' stove install put together. I'd say ya' got it goin' on.
We'll wait patiently for the pics...................................................................................... :coolsmile:

Congrats, and well done, Kathleen. Time to tweak your forum sig a bit. Hope the new installation is dreamy from day one. Looking forward to a pic. Rick

Enjoy your 30, when the weather really turns to crap, you will know that all the work and aggravation was well worth it. Burn on, and we'll be waitin for the pictures.

Someone told me once that single mothers have superpowers. Just watch the cape around open flames, okay?

snowleopard said:
Someone told me once that single mothers have superpowers. Just watch the cape around open flames, okay?

Of course we do, we must.

Glad to hear it, K !! The boy will survive :)

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

As for the boy, I just hope he doesn't harvest any childhood memories from this weekend. Lots of cursing. Some sobbing.
That's what life is all about, lots of cursing and some sobbing! Glad you are done and looking forward to pics.

"Install done" - thats good news. Congrats.

Now, about those pics, its been a full 12 hours. My patients can only hold out so long.

Congratulations. Since we are still waiting on pictures, I'll post one of my lifetime crowning achievement.

SD166leftside.jpg

Well done. I'm sure the boy will look back and be impressed with all that Mom did. Of course you've still got a ways to go 'till he's at that point in life. ;-P

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Uh oh, well, I married one 14 years ago. Much prefer the brunette if all else is equal. That last part is important. The blonde or red is really just a washed out brunette that didn't eat enough meat, ha, LOL. They seem weaker. Have you ever met a blonde that could actually dominate? I keep picturing Hillary Clinton and throwing up a little.

I love being a 30 owner, it's like we are all part of this super cool kids club. I really need to get mine into place ASAP. It's gonna be gettin' cold here soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.